..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Trying to get TOCA Race Driver (Europe) pnach cheat file to work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, I am trying to get the cheats for a specific game working, the one above in my subject heading.  I converted the codes from Pro Action Replay Max format into Raw/Unecrypted. the original codes were:

Master code (I know this isn't required in a pnach file, but sometimes the cheats will only work with the master code on):
BJTY-RGJZ-JE9QU
F16V-MY6W-PM4F9
JHEY-GDUN-2WX38

Win Race (Press R1+R2+L1+L2 To Activate Code)
E2F6-T6TJ-24Q44
C0HG-A2BU-PCTXF
9Q75-3D42-AMUPJ

And this is the pnach file I made after converting the codes to raw unencrypted format:

Code:
gametitle= TOCA Race Driver
comment=Cheats for game
// Master Code
patch=1,EE,F03813FC,extended,003813FF
// Win Race (Press R1+R2+L1+L2 To Activate Code)
patch=1,EE,D0431642,extended,0000F0FF
patch=1,EE,2046D6A4,extended,00000012

I started the game and did a race.  But pressing the four shoulder buttons does not work.  Did I pick the wrong input/output settings in OmniConvert or does someone know how ton get these codes working? The pnach file is named 993BE2BC.pnach which i believe is the game's crc code.

Jared
I'm not sure codes that need to be activated with buttons can be converted, because they might need the cheating device to read them.
(03-06-2016, 05:59 PM)FlatOut Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure codes that need to be activated with buttons can be converted, because they might need the cheating device to read them.

Oh?  I have a copy of the pro action replay max version 3.34, but when i entered the codes into the pro action replay and swapped the disc, pcsx2 crashed, likely because I am using an American version of the AR Max and not an EU version.
(03-06-2016, 06:02 PM)JaredKFan Wrote: [ -> ]Oh?  I have a copy of the pro action replay max version 3.34, but when i entered the codes into the pro action replay and swapped the disc, pcsx2 crashed, likely because I am using an American version of the AR Max and not an EU version.
Yes, that's the reason. US codes can't be used on EU games.
Right. Well I will have to see about getting an EU version of the AR Max from a friend then Smile