..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Sudden FPS drop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I installed the PCSX2 1.4.0. on my windows 10 pro and it worked great with normal fps in games, also widescreen hacks worked fine.
But after some kind of windows updates ( I suspected windows redistributable updates) the widescreen hacks stop working and the most important -
it starts a sudden frame drop in every game (from 60 FPS to 8-10 FPS) and need to pause the emulator to restore the normal fps and again after some time playing -
again sudden frame drop. I search for this problem, but didn't found a fix. I tried to reinstall all versions of C++ Redistributable Packages ( 2013 , 2015 - 32 and 64 bit)
but didn't worked.

I have latest Windows 10 upadates and Nvidia drivers.

If someone knows hot to fix this problem Unsure

My PC configuration: CPU i7 3770, GTX 670OC, 16GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro 64Bit
what are your temps?
(03-15-2016, 01:13 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: [ -> ]what are your temps?
CPU and GPU temps are normal, also I put windows power settings to High performance. Note that not only FPS drop started, but also widescreen hacks don't work anymore. I think that is some kind software problem.
(03-15-2016, 01:20 AM)wacojesus Wrote: [ -> ]CPU and GPU temps are normal, also I put windows power settings to High performance. Note that not only FPS drop started, but also widescreen hacks don't work anymore. I think that is some kind software problem.

There's issues all over specific to owners of your card and fps drops. I would still suggest doing a clean install of Nvidia drivers.

Also, do you get the same fps drops in SW mode? If so, than it's probably an issue with Windows 10 and Ivy Bridge.
do any of the values at the top of the GS window shoot up to 100% when the FPS drops? do they all drop off to low percentages? if the latter, the problem is some other software running on your PC, if the former it's probably a hardware limitation, but then it should be pretty decent on your rig.
Thanks for the responses! When FPS drop started GS windows show ~20%. I tried everything I read in forums (clean NVIDIA drivers install, run as administrator, DX9 plugin, reinstall pcsx2, temperatures are 49C max....), there is no solution. Only thing I know that I played weeks without problems, good fps (more than 100 fps - if not locked, x5 original resolution, widescreen patch worked so good) and one day after windows update (Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable - according to the Windows 10 info) the sudden FPS drop starts. I tried reinstall 2013, 2015 32/64bit Redistributable, but this didn't worked. Tried to install the older version of NVIDIA drivers too...
i would keep task manager open on the "detailed" tab and sort it by cpu usage, then observe what's eating the cpu (apart from pcsx2 ofc) when the FPS drops.

What about the other values like EE and VU? what did they read?
Normally pcsx2 in game uses 15% CPU usage, when FPS drop start the usage is 4.5% and there is no other programs using CPU more than 1% at this moment.

Emulator parameters Speed 100% , EE 58%, GS 36%, VU 34% drop to speed 33%, EE 18%, VU 19%

And why widescreen patch don't work anymore - C++ bug? or new version?
(03-16-2016, 05:14 PM)wacojesus Wrote: [ -> ]Normally pcsx2 in game uses 15% CPU usage, when FPS drop start the usage is 4.5% and there is no other programs using CPU more than 1% at this moment.

Emulator parameters Speed 100% , EE 58%, GS 36%, VU 34% drop to speed 33%, EE 18%, VU 19%

I don't care about the 100% speed values, what about when it is running slowly?
drop to speed 33%, EE 18%, VU 19%
Pages: 1 2