..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Question about framerate and smoothness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys,

I'm running FF XII on PCSX2 1.4.0 and getting 60fps easy but somehow it doesn't feel as smooth as playing some PC games at 60 fps. It gets really smooth with turbo mode (200%) with buttery smooth camera rotation etc.

Any idea what I missed or is this a limitation?

thanks
Are you using speedhacks?
Yes those:

[Image: 5TJbMU.png]

Also tried disabling them, turbo speed drops to 115% so I realize my pc is fast enough to do without them as well
okay that should be fine, you aren't using any harmful speedhacks, what about the "GS" icon down the left there?
there you go:
[Image: kEGLPK.png]
hmm that's fine. the only thing i can think of is if the game is interlaced, which essentially makes it 30fps.
It feels indeed like playing a game at 30fps, turned off deinterlacing in plugin settings, didn't change anything. That's allright it's still more than playable Smile

edit: Just tried Ace Combat 5 using hardware mode, runs at 60fps and it does really feel smooth like I expect 60fps, so it feels related to FF12, any chance there's something wrong with my ISO?

looked around, and found out my problem: game just runs at native 30 fps, so I need a 60 fps patch/hack with unfortunately is not available for FF12 Smile

thanks again
No problems, at least we got to the bottom of it Smile
You need spec like CPU, GPU, RAM and HDD
(03-18-2016, 04:31 AM)Akiyama Wrote: [ -> ]You need spec like CPU, GPU, RAM and HDD

it's already been solved.
Pages: 1 2