..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Controller Not Working: The Getaway
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm trying to play The Getaway, but my controller isn't working. The game starts off in a chase scene, and I'm able to drive perfectly fine. However outside of the car, the character does not walk/run. I can pull out my gun, aim and shoot, re-enter the car, but he just won't move anywhere. As soon as I get back into the car, I can drive around freely. I tried to fiddle around with the controller settings but I'm afraid to mess anything up. 

My controller works fine for other games, so I don't know what's going on here.

NBM
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
(03-18-2016, 07:56 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

Windows 10
Intel® Core™ i3 CPU
530 @ 2.93GHz
4.00 RAM
ATI Redeon HD 4600 series

PCSX 1.4.0

I've been playing Onimusha, and Street Fighter Alpha Anthology. For both games, I use, Direct3D11(Software) and, rendering threads at 0. GS is set to preset #2 (for Onimusha). For the Street Fighter, I use constant skipping with Draw/Skip both at 0. For The Getaway. I use Direct3D11(Hardware), and Preset at #4 to get proper speed. Those are all the changes I've made. All games on ISO.
Quote:For The Getaway. I use Direct3D11(Hardware), and Preset at #4 to get proper speed.
what if you remove all speedhacks or set to safest preset ?
(03-18-2016, 09:02 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]what if you remove all speedhacks or set to safest preset ?

I tried it. The game seems to run fine, not perfect but it's playable. The driving sequence was not a problem. In the car I can steer perfectly fine with the analog and D-pad. But as soon as I'm on foot the character just doesn't move. The D-pad does nothing, and neither does the analog stick. Only the action buttons work outside the car, but nothing else.
Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.
(03-18-2016, 09:28 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

The forum won't let me post it, it says it's too long. Is there any specific part I can post?
can't you zip it and post it as an attchment ?
(03-18-2016, 09:59 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]can't you zip it and post it as an attchment ?

Ok, file attached.
Quote:isoFile open ok: D:\uTorrent Downloads\PS2 Games\Getaway, The (USA) (En,Fr,De,Es,It).iso
Our forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and no support will be given as such.
Read our rules,specifically rule #1. Thread closed.