..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: [Help] Sony Dual Shock 2 on Win10 64-bit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So upon upgrading from windows 7 64-bit to windows 10 64-bit, I have noted that Motioninjoy no longer works because of unsigned drivers, and while I was using it before I've decided not to because of claims about driver crashes and the like. I've done a fresh install of win10 last night and am looking for a tool that doesn't use motioninjoy in the slightest, and, to be able to use my official Dual Shock 2 controller. I am using this ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/MY-Link-controll...B000LT0H9Y ) to connect it to my pc. I am not sure if this is the exact brand but the adapter is pretty much the one I use. I have used Better DS3 before and as said previously I don't want anything to do with motioninjoy, maybe only as a last resort.

I have seen the Xinput wrapper for DS3 and DS4 controllers located on this very forum, http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wr...Controller and I ideally want it to work as a 360 controller, however I cannot figure out if I can even get it to work with my DS2 controller. If somebody could provide me with some information on how to use my DS2 controller I would be eternally grateful.
I used to use Xbox360 Controller Emulator when I had DS2 http://www.x360ce.com/
How are you connecting the DS2? Doesn't it have a weird connector?
@bkwegoharder
I don't think x360ce allows me to use analogue sticks?

@jhebbel
Yeah as I linked in the OP, I am using a PS2 to USB adapter.
Is your adapter even recognized? According to the page you linked the drivers are only available up to xp or vista and barely work on win7. Probably they don't work for win8/win10 at all?
I actually wasn't even aware of those adapters, ive ordered one and a DS2 to make sure its implemented in my software.
Awesome that sounds brilliant. Smile

I find that a Dual Shock 2 is much more comfortable than a 360 controller, and I don't really want to fork out even more money. As said previously, it worked before perfectly with motioninjoy, but I don't really want to use it again.
If the adapter exposes it as a Direct Input device, it may work in the IM 2 Beta using the direct input plugin, but IM2 is a beta ass beta and still has soume rough edges.
I still would like to mention that it is not clear if the driver of your connector is supported by Win10. To my knowledge the IM by jhebbel is a high-level solution extending the features supported by a driver but still relies on it. The low-level part needs to be done by your connector and its driver. Thus even if jhebbel will support some kind of adapter and ds2 controller that might not necessarily mean that you can use your controller on win10 with IM.

(Just btw. lilypad supports dinput. If lilypad can not recognize the controller I would expect that the dinput plugin of IM will recognize it)
(04-18-2016, 12:15 PM)willkuer Wrote: [ -> ]I still would like to mention that it is not clear if the driver of your connector is supported by Win10. To my knowledge the IM by jhebbel is a high-level solution extending the features supported by a driver but still relies on it. The low-level part needs to be done by your connector and its driver. Thus even if jhebbel will support some kind of adapter and ds2 controller that might not necessarily mean that you can use your controller on win10 with IM.

(Just btw. lilypad supports dinput. If lilypad can not recognize the controller I would expect that the dinput plugin of IM will recognize it)

Its a case by case basis, since IM 2 is plugin drivin, plugins can be picky in their targeting. For instance there is a Direct Input plugin that recognizes all direct input devices regardless of driver/mfg etc. But there are also specific plugins like the one for the DS4 because even though the DS4 is a DI device and will work with the DI plugin, extended features not part of the DI standard such as trackpad and lightbar need specialized interpretation.

So to circle back around to the question at hand, it is very possible the adapter exposes itself as a generic Direct Input device, in which case driver compatibility is not an issue as generic DI support is built into the DirectX end user runtimes and libs. So if this is the case it could very well work in W10 and thus IM 2. But its also just as likely that it is a cheap chinese device and everything they make only work with poorly written drivers that only work with Windows 95. Its all a guess right now tho.