..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: A few pnach questions google has failed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ones that google either cannot parse well though I'm sure the answers exist, or just didn't get me anything.

1.) A lot of Pnach files have codes with a single "/" before them, for instance

// Remove Item on Slot 140(For Use modded stones)
/patch=1,EE,41E22554,extended,001B0001
/patch=1,EE,00000000,extended,00000000

I know "//" comments out the code, but does the single version do something? The code above isn't one i want to use, nor does it appear active; does the / break it the same as commenting it out? "How pnach files work" doesn't mention anything about what a single slash does.

2.) Widescreen "hacks" have across the board been functionally useless, that I've seen; The emulation window is extended, but the game screen isn't resized to use the extra space; its just black space. I'll admit I haven't got a very big ps2 library I've attempted them on, but am I correct in assuming that that's all they do?

3.) Is there a "general" method to joker a pnach code? I think google is getting me out of date information in lots of places, as there are some posts saying joker/complex codes don't work, some saying they do and have been fixed, some pnach files that have them some that don't, and I am officially very confused on the matter.
1. Not as far as I know. I haven't seen it in any pnach either.
2. You need to press F6 in-game or go to Config - Emulation Settings - GS Windows tab to change the actual aspect ratio of PCSX2.
3. They should work. See here for more info: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-How-PNACH-files-work-2-0
Excellent, thank you! I've gotten codes for both mana khemia and dark cloud 2 with single slashes, which since thats half the games I've tried struck me as fairly frequent, but I guess it's just a typo or something. Widescreen is working perfectly now, and the updated how pnach files work was very helpful, I was in fact reading the outdated one.