..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Dell Inspiron 5447
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone else have a Dell InspironInspiron 5447?? If so what's the best way to configure pcsx2? I've messed around with the settings here and there but I'm still having graphics problems.. also the sound is very laggy
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
Looks like the system is running a U based CPU which is just not that great for PCSX2. You really need a CPU with at the bare minium 1600STP for the lighter games and heavier ones require much higher and many cases 2000+ STP is required. So yeah Laptops like this are just not great for PCSX2.

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu...40+1.70GHz

System is running an i5 4210U CPU. That is why your games are lagging I am betting.
@Topken

It's single thread performance still seems reasonable, still higher than most of the old era Conroe , Wolfendale dual core processors.

Quote:You really need a CPU with at the bare minium 1600STP for the lighter games

I don't think you're right, my core2duo has only around 800 at single thread performance but it can still play games like persona 4 , DBZ: BT series , Ben 10: Protector of earth and lots of other games at full speed constant. (without the need for modifying the slider values)