..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Star Ocean: Till the End of Time - No performance gain.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(04-20-2016, 09:33 PM)FlatOut Wrote: [ -> ]What graphical issue?

The game has a weird tileing effect on higher resolutions it was an old fix but it works. Using some hardware hacks achives the same effect but causes other issues in the game.
Can you show a picture if when the problem is visible and when no(because of that fix)
And btw I haven't seen the speed to go down below 120 at 3x scaling anywhere(thinking that this is a good place to try)I try removing the fps limit(usually it's 150 and above)
(04-21-2016, 05:29 AM)vsub Wrote: [ -> ]Can you show a picture if when the problem is visible and when no(because of that fix)
And btw I haven't seen the speed to go down below 120 at 3x scaling anywhere(thinking that this is a good place to try)I try removing the fps limit(usually it's 150 and above)

Not sure how to capture a framerate drop.. unless you mean the stats when it happens? - Are you trying to say you don't see the issue? That is strange it's almost common knowledge this game runs with hiccups. A Google search will reveal others with the same issue, even my thread on GameFAQs members were telling me it was not possible to fix.

My rig can barely handle 1200 x 1200 (not to mention looks good) I don't think increasing that will fix the issue. Uncapping the FPS makes the game run to fast.

EDIT: You can look at this thread if your talking about the graphical issue that requires me to use 1200 x 1200. It's in the attached images except in the latest release its more pronounced then this.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Star-Ocea...gsdx-Issue
This is at 5x scaling using DX11, the lines only appear during screen switching like mentioned in your other topic. (And a few lines may appear on the minimap, but that's hardly a major issue)

[Image: pcsx2%202016-04-21%2009-02-34-608.png]

No hiccups either.

Can you take a screenshot of all your PCSX2 settings?
(04-21-2016, 09:05 AM)Ryudo Wrote: [ -> ]This is at 5x scaling using DX11, the lines only appear during screen switching like mentioned in your other topic. (And a few lines may appear on the minimap, but that's hardly a major issue)

[image]

No hiccups either.

Can you take a screenshot of all your PCSX2 settings?

Never attempted 5x scaling seemed excessive for me to go beyond 3x probably why I've never tried. That's it but I presume your only loading up the game and going between rooms. Like I said this issue has been fixed by simply setting the resolution to 1200 x 1200... But if you insist, if you navigate the start a new game menu, and any other menu besides the main menu very noticeable black lines, even more troubling is during -some- cut scenes its apparent the whole scene. Furthermore DX11 occasionally ever so often randomly zooms the screen, it's not apparent in OpenGL. Every setting is default except 16:9 and GPU settings. Screen shots as requested.

A further development in the story, I used the old computer listed in that thread since it has a single pass mark of 2328. It seems it IS hardware related as the micro stuttering is gone. Who would have thought a $150 CPU could out perform a $1300 CPU this is precisely why PC gaming is absurd, the average consumer will never look up the single pass mark. As suggested even dolphin runs better on that outdated computer.  Geez... Star Ocean is one demanding game, perhaps the most demanding.
Ok I'm a bit confused here.

After looking at your screenshots again, the shots were taking during screen transitions.. do you have the lines there the ENTIRE time? (throughout playing the entire game), or only during screen transitions?

The random zooming could be related to an old bug that affected NVIDIA users (Who then had to apply the NVIDIA hack, but this is supposed to be done automatically now by PCSX2, so that's a bit weird to still be occurring).
No, only in some cut scenes and during every screen transition in the game. On most menus and during the cut scenes where the screen can transition up to twenty or thirty times when dialog is taking place its there to.

Granted a good portion of the game and menus are not effected so it really comes down to taste. Takes me out of the game when every screen transition in this game and some cut scenes are completely butchered. Guess it just depends on what one would define as major. It's not major as it's been fixed, but if the developers want to be aware screen transitions and the zooming bug that are still prevalent - they are aware. Smile
Pages: 1 2