..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: New guy here needs some crash on boot help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone. I've been dieing to try out a ps2 emulator that works for ages. I've bought at least three ps2's over the years and countless games. I know the emulator won't run like an actual ps2 but I love this kind of stuff so I figured I'd check it out.

I've gone through all the setup info and I can get it to boot to the bios no problem. But when I try to run a game via execute (when using iso) or run disk (when using the actual game) it will boot up then crash about 5 seconds into the Playstation "splash" animation. I don't know what to do and I've looked around all day yesterday so I figured I'd check out here.

My comp specs are: AMD x2 5400+, 4gb ram (4-4-4-12 at 800), GF 9800gt on an old m2n sli deluxe (I know I know time to upgrade Smile ) Windows xp 32-bit.

My plugins are, Graph: GSDX (sse2); Linuz iso cdvd; and the us bios.

Any idea why this is happening or am I just an idiot? Thanks a ton in advance!
did you use run cd/dvd option
what game(s) are you trying?
I'm trying to play StarOcean: Till the end of time.

Yeah I tried run cd/dvd and that crashes immediately. Just a black screen then windows error report pops up. I appreciate the quick responses. Like I said I've got a ps2 that I can play my games on so it's not overly important that I get this working. I just love this kind of stuff, emulators and the like. It's more a curiosity/interest for me.
have you tried any other games? (if so please list them)

edit: and results
(04-01-2009, 08:02 PM)Parsnip Wrote: [ -> ]I'm trying to play StarOcean: Till the end of time.

Yeah I tried run cd/dvd and that crashes immediately. Just a black screen then windows error report pops up. I appreciate the quick responses. Like I said I've got a ps2 that I can play my games on so it's not overly important that I get this working. I just love this kind of stuff, emulators and the like. It's more a curiosity/interest for me.

Check the tri-ace game fix...that will do it. If you bothered to read the configuration guide you'd know that ofcourse ( http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2298.html )
And after you get a black screen,press start.
I'm having the same problem running on Vista...is it a problem that I am trying to run PAL games?
(04-07-2009, 12:16 PM)DemstarAus Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having the same problem running on Vista...is it a problem that I am trying to run PAL games?

No it's not.