..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: GTA Memory Card problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just started using this program today, so let me know if I missed anything, this could be a dumb mistake:

I was trying to install a save game for GTA Liberty City Stories from gamefaqs, amd put it into my virtual memory card using myMC. It gets in there fine. I check the console, it recognizes it as being there. But, when I load up the game, it completely ignores it and just starts a new game. I even went ahead and converted the memory card to a folder, and it was showing that it was there.
I signed up on this forum just to ask this, and this is the first day I have ever used this program, so once again I may have missed something or this could have been an actual bug. Any help is appreciated!  Smile
Try using one of the latest git builds, i rememeber there was an issue with memory card folders on the GTA games, but I can't remember when it was fixed.
It could mean that you downloaded a save that is not for your version of the game

When you start the game,in the console title you will see something like this
[S***-*****]
Open the memory card with mymc and see if the directory name for the save match the name above
(05-22-2016, 12:45 AM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]Try using one of the latest git builds, i rememeber there was an issue with memory card folders on the GTA games, but I can't remember when it was fixed.

I tried what you said and installed the git build, but now the PS2 just fails to recognize them. Did I not install it right or what? This is just strange.
Don't recognize what?
The folder memory card or what?
(05-22-2016, 01:24 AM)vsub Wrote: [ -> ]Don't recognize what?
The folder memory card or what?
The memory card is there, but it doesn't recognize my save file. I go in the menu within the PS2 and it says I have no data except for my system config, even though when I open the card in MyMC it clearly states that it's there.
If the other version that you use(before trying the git version)was the installer version(in Program Files),then your card is in the Documents\PCSX2 folder but the git version is portable version and it's looking for saves in the pcsx2.ex directory in the memcards folder.

And btw you didn't answer to what I told you to check above
(05-22-2016, 01:32 AM)vsub Wrote: [ -> ]If the other version that you use(before trying the git version)was the installer version(in Program Files),then your card is in the Documents\PCSX2 folder but the git version is portable version and it's looking for saves in the pcsx2.ex directory in the memcards folder.

And btw you didn't answer to what I told you to check above

Ah, okay that makes a lot more sense.

And I diddn't reply to your post because I knew I had the right version, and diddn't want to make a pointless reply saying "Nope, I have the right version."

EDIT: After all of this time, I got it to work. I confirmed that the PS2 was reading the save, and loaded it up. But you know what I got? Nothing. If this was supposedly fixed, why is it doing the same thing in the git build? This is really starting to confuse me.
Okay, so I've just noticed something. The save IS recognized by the console and everything would be working fine, but the game refuses to load it. In the game menu in the pause menu to load a game, I select slot one and I get a confirmation sound instead of the usual sound it makes when there is no save file present. However, it doesn't take me anywhere. What in gods name is causing this?
(05-22-2016, 02:05 AM)zanesix Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, so I've just noticed something. The save IS recognized by the console and everything would be working fine, but the game refuses to load it. In the game menu in the pause menu to load a game, I select slot one and I get a confirmation sound instead of the usual sound it makes when there is no save file present. However, it doesn't take me anywhere. What in gods name is causing this?

There 2 things that can cause save issuse with GTA games.

1 You have a 64mb memory card being use as main card (Low compatibility warning yes it's very big, but may not work with many games.
2 Enable Fast CDVD speed hack is on this this may inpact save file for gta games and ruin them because HD loader did.
Pages: 1 2