..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: God Of War - Hydra Boss
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was just wondering if anyone encountered this same problem when fighting Hydra in God Of War. After taking his power to bout 3/4 the circle button appears above his head to grab him...but I cant seem to, when I press circle Kratos's sword doesnt reach the beast!!! Im quite upset cause this is the first time im playing God Of War n I heard its n awsome game. So does anyone maybe have a saved game after Hydra?
Because you don't have the good tempo !
This is a bit like in fightings game : you need to chain your punches on a good tempo like tekken combos, etc.
But here it is easier ! When you see the circle, put Kratos where you seems he need to be before, then when the circle appears, push the button immediately ! (insist by pushing button several times !)
It was difficult for me at first too...but I understood the "tempo".
omg, how does you not being able to press the button right relates to emulation..?
hold the button for a second, I don't have these timing issues, but I know that pcsx2 has some frame slwness, and holding a button a little longer seems to help
be sure that there isn't fog blocking the hydra, i had that issue forever until i updated gsdx, without updating you can try and grab it forever lol....
It's easy, just GET UP ON THE HYDRA'S BACK!!! Tongue
Lol... tempo, button pressing, timing...it was none of that! It was just a glitch in the game, but me sorted it out. (P.S I asked if anyone had the same problem n for a saved game!!!) =)
(04-03-2009, 08:31 PM)EmptyD Wrote: [ -> ]Lol... tempo, button pressing, timing...it was none of that! It was just a glitch in the game, but me sorted it out. (P.S I asked if anyone had the same problem n for a saved game!!!) =)

And what was the problem about..? How did you solve it?
(04-03-2009, 09:27 PM)Cain Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-03-2009, 08:31 PM)EmptyD Wrote: [ -> ]Lol... tempo, button pressing, timing...it was none of that! It was just a glitch in the game, but me sorted it out. (P.S I asked if anyone had the same problem n for a saved game!!!) =)

Well...the hydra just stayed on the right side of the screen. N when the circle appeared above his head he was out of reach to grab, it was quite wierd actually lol. How I solved the problem? I played that part from over again, n when fighting Hydra again I stayed on the left side of the plattform, his movements were more to the left! It just worked Lmao...wierd
(04-04-2009, 10:37 PM)EmptyD Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-03-2009, 09:27 PM)Cain Wrote: [ -> ]

Well...the hydra just stayed on the right side of the screen. N when the circle appeared above his head he was out of reach to grab, it was quite wierd actually lol. How I solved the problem? I played that part from over again, n when fighting Hydra again I stayed on the left side of the plattform, his movements were more to the left! It just worked Lmao...wierd

So, like, it's wasn't the emu's problem? That's just reta--- fantastic.