..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Unrecoverable expectation occurred - bad allocation?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry if this is the wrong place for this.

I configured the bios and plugins, and I get this error when I start up the emulator. It no longer allows me to reconfigure things it just crashes at startup. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
im going to guess you use vista (as you gave no system information at all, it would really be helpful) but run it as administrator.
(04-03-2009, 06:12 PM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]im going to guess you use vista (as you gave no system information at all, it would really be helpful) but run it as administrator.

Nope. I use XP.
dual core 2.16 ghz
geforce to go 7800
2 gigs of ram.

What else do you need?

Thanks
There is a known bug in 0.9.6 that fails on certain types of ISO images with a failed allocation. This sounds like your problem. To check for it, open emuLog.txt (or Show the Console), and the last message will look something like:

LoadElfFile: -11827937

(negative numbers are bad -- means it's bugged). If this is the case, using one of our beta releases since 0.9.6 will fix the problem.
(04-04-2009, 05:08 PM)Air Wrote: [ -> ]There is a known bug in 0.9.6 that fails on certain types of ISO images with a failed allocation. This sounds like your problem. To check for it, open emuLog.txt (or Show the Console), and the last message will look something like:

LoadElfFile: -11827937

(negative numbers are bad -- means it's bugged). If this is the case, using one of our beta releases since 0.9.6 will fix the problem.

PCSX2 0.9.6 - compiled on Feb 27 2009
Savestate version: 8b400004
x86Init:
CPU vendor name = GenuineIntel
FamilyID = 8
x86Family = Genuine Intel® CPU T2600 @ 2.16GHz
CPU speed = 2.168 Ghz
Cores = 2 physical [2 logical]
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfe9fbff 0000c1a9
x86EFlags = 00100000

Features:
Detected MMX
Detected SSE
Detected SSE2
Detected SSE3
Not Detected SSSE3
Not Detected SSE4.1

Not too sure what I am looking for. I dont see any negative numbers. Ill try a beta version though. Is it on the home page?
(04-04-2009, 05:12 PM)z2AkumA Wrote: [ -> ]Not too sure what I am looking for. I dont see any negative numbers. Ill try a beta version though. Is it on the home page?

He mean when you get the error(Unrecoverable expectation occurred - bad allocation) then to check the console or emuLog.txt after that

The "LoadElfFile: -11827937" error wont ever appear if you just open pcsx2,you have to try to run a game
Ah! I misread!
Did you configure a firewire plugin? Make sure and use FWnull. The other firewire plugins are known to cause crashes.