..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: i have an idea
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
The whole point of emulation (for me, at least) is to preserve the games that I can't play on the original consoles conveniently. It has never been about emulating the current generation system on the hardware I own now.

It's true that console designers are releasing more powerful hardware less often, but that only expands the amount of time it takes to get consumer hardware that can emulate it. We're going to have some crazy hardware available in 10 years, and I'm entirely certain it will be able to emulate the PS3 at full speeds with an appropriately coded emulator. Designers are limited to hardware and speeds available now, emulation users have no such limits.

Emulation is getting more exciting, not slowing down. You can already emulate everything up to an including N64/PSX on a netbook, extrapolating (lamely) would give that GCN/PS2 as the limit in 10 years.

e: No, they will not develop a PSP emulator. If you can't see why that would be a horrifically hard thing to do, please don't suggest it.
all members i want to know your opinion in this idea
yes it's a great idea to create a psp emu (and Saiki thought of it first, and he even PM'ed Air, then Arcum42 about it Laugh)
A PSP emulator will not be made from the PCSX2 team,not in the near future at least. Way too much work for PCSX2 alone already. Also the PSP is way more complex to emulate than you people think,it's like a small ps2 (ok not that bad but you get my drift Tongue )
(04-03-2009, 09:08 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]A PSP emulator will not be made from the PCSX2 team,not in the near future at least. Way too much work for PCSX2 alone already. Also the PSP is way more complex to emulate than you people think,it's like a small ps2 (ok not that bad but you get my drift Tongue )
it's a 333mhz, just like the ps2, and less functions to call for. still it would be awesome to see one for the PC that isn't written in Java Angry
(04-03-2009, 09:17 PM)Saiki Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-03-2009, 09:08 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]A PSP emulator will not be made from the PCSX2 team,not in the near future at least. Way too much work for PCSX2 alone already. Also the PSP is way more complex to emulate than you people think,it's like a small ps2 (ok not that bad but you get my drift Tongue )
it's a 333mhz, just like the ps2, and less functions to call for. still it would be awesome to see one for the PC that isn't written in Java Angry

It uses a completely different system configuration and hardware. Hardware speed is one of many factors.

If you want a PSP emulator ported to C/C++ for performance reasons, do it yourself. If you don't have the skills to do it, please don't suggest someone else do it and then rebuff them when they say it's not nearly that simple.
(04-03-2009, 09:34 PM)echosierra Wrote: [ -> ]It uses a completely different system configuration and hardware. Hardware speed is one of many factors.

If you want a PSP emulator ported to C/C++ for performance reasons, do it yourself. If you don't have the skills to do it, please don't suggest someone else do it and then rebuff them when they say it's not nearly that simple.

post was clearly misintrepreted. I'm well aware of the hardware differences. Could comparably call it a portable PS2, just with less functions to it. also I wasn't the first one to "suggest it" I was merely comenting.

edit: my post clearly came out wrong. at times I'm bad with words.
that bad i will wait for it
PSP hardware itself is crappy. my PSP is half-broken, and I take good care of it. normal wear and tear really tear up the system, more than it should.
(04-03-2009, 09:17 PM)Saiki Wrote: [ -> ]

theres a c++ port of the java psp emu being worked on here:
http://code.google.com/p/pcsp/
its a complete W.I.P. so its not as far along as the java one.

once the c++ version of the emu catches up to the java version, i would be interested in helping them out.
but currently theres a lot of PCSX2 stuff that needs fixing so most of us on the pcsx2 team don't have the time to do psp emulation.

and yeah the architectures for psp & ps2 are completely different, so we can't do something like dolphin emu does and support more than one system (the wii is like a beefed up gamecube, so dolphin can emulate both without having to change the whole emu's design).
Pages: 1 2 3 4