..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Q2 2016 progress report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(06-23-2016, 04:10 PM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]Huh Are you telling me your computer is about 13 years old?
My computer is from 2007, so is 10 years old. However processor and RAM today aren't much bad, is the graphic card that is a bit old
Get a cheap new graphic card. Wink
(06-23-2016, 04:22 PM)FlatOut Wrote: [ -> ]Get a cheap new graphic card. Wink

Yeah you can get a DX11 card for pretty much nothing. It'll suck but at least it has more modern support Tongue
I'll see what I can do
Note: PCSX2 will be slow on your old computer.
I decided to buy a new one. Not only for PCSX2, I have already started to think to buy a new one before. However, for emulation processes like run PCSX2, is better a graphic card whit 2GB of VRAM but whit a 500MHz GPU or is better a 800Mhz whit 1GB?
Either is fine for PCSX2, however make note of the type of memory on the GPU. You want GDDR5, you will benefit more from than more memory in DDR3.
Quote:I decided to buy a new one. Not only for PCSX2, I have already started to think to buy a new one before. However, for emulation processes like run PCSX2, is better a graphic card whit 2GB of VRAM but whit a 500MHz GPU or is better a 800Mhz whit 1GB?

I'd suggest getting one from Nvidia if you're interested on testing OpenGL renderer of PCSX2. There has been quite a lot of problems with AMD drivers recently.

Quote:You want GDDR5, you will benefit more from than than more memory in DDR3.

* Insert Grammar Nazi comment *
fine! fixed Tongue
A grammar nazi would still not be happy with the "fixed" sentence. Tongue2
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9