..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Config issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm attempting to set up PCSX2, following the rather helpful "Official Guide" document. I installed the software without a problem, and I followed the various configuration/setup instructions carefully. When I click "OK," however, I'm told that there was a "bad allocation."

The emuLog.txt file contains the following:

PCSX2 0.9.6 - compiled on Feb 27 2009
Savestate version: 8b400004
x86Init:
CPU vendor name = GenuineIntel
FamilyID = b
x86Family = Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
CPU speed = 2.396 Ghz
Cores = 4 physical [4 logical]
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 0000e3bd
x86EFlags = 20100000

Features:
Detected MMX
Detected SSE
Detected SSE2
Detected SSE3
Detected SSSE3
Not Detected SSE4.1

I wasn't sure what SSE4.1 was, so I did some searches (what I found is rather beyond my understanding). I did verify that my graphics driver is set to the SSE3 option (according to Wikipedia, this is the one that my chipset should support). I'm running an Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 running at 2.40 GHz.

I'm just not quite sure what's wrong, and I'm open to any other options. If I delete the pcsx2.ini file, running the program just goes back to the config screen. If more information is needed, let me know. Thanks.
Hmm that's strange..if you are running Vista try right clicking pcsx2.exe and 'Run as administrator'
(04-04-2009, 11:57 AM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm that's strange..if you are running Vista try right clicking pcsx2.exe and 'Run as administrator'

That option is greyed out (not selectable).
That's your problem then..you need to run PCSX2 from a user account that has administrator rights so it can save its' settings
(04-04-2009, 02:44 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]That's your problem then..you need to run PCSX2 from a user account that has administrator rights so it can save its' settings

Ah, I think I misunderstood you. I was going into the file's properties and trying to check the "Run this program as an administrator" checkbox. I tried your suggestion (just right-clicking and then choosing the "Run as administrator" option), but I got the same result.
What plugins are you running. Make sure that Firewire, USB and Dev9 are all set to NULL plugins.
Graphics: GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSSE3) 0.1.14
Sound: P.E.Op.S SPU2 1.9.0
First/Second Controller: LilyPad 0.9.11
Cdvdrom: Gigahertz's CDVD Plugin 0.7.0
Dev9: DEV9null Driver 0.2.0
Usb: USBnull Driver 0.3.0
FireWire: FireWireNull Driver 0.3.0

The only plugin that I'm actually configuring is graphics, changing the renderer to Direct3D10 (Hardware).
Any ideas? I'm simply out of my technical league here.
Hard to say really. You said it appears when your click "OK". So, which devious OK do you exactly click? Format C: OK?Laugh
Heh, no. When I installed PCSX2 and ran it for the first time, it prompted me to configure the software. I used the aforementioned setup guide to figure out which options I needed. Once I was finished configuring the plugins, I clicked OK in the config screen. That's when I got the error above. The program then quit. Running it again simply repeats the error (and then quits the program). I'm able to re-configure the program by deleting the pcsx2.ini file, though doing so results in the same error.
Pages: 1 2 3