..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: I'm a twit.. Changed files... How to revert back? I have no idea...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there, thanks for stopping by. Just download PCSX2. Was setting it up and noticed it has a Winamp DSP plugin. So! I guess I kinda clicked around too much and somehow changed my files withing the Program Files > PCSX2 > Plugins folder - I tried to open the file by doing something silly, cause I missunderstood that the PCSX2 had the ELF edit built in to then change the .ini

I've tried to do a reinstall, look online for the .ini to replace the .dll and I'm just running out of ideas. All for a gosh darn winamp plugin. I can only hope I make sense as I tried my best to explain what I did.

P.s. Maybe this can help? [attachment=60282

Thanks in advanced! Thanks for your time!
So what's the problem? All the required dll files are in the plugin folder.
the ini goes in the ini's folder, not the plugin folder. Or you can just delete the ini (in the ini folder) and start pcsx2 and it will make a new one.
(06-30-2016, 12:32 AM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]the ini goes in the ini's folder, not the plugin folder. Or you can just delete the ini (in the ini folder) and start pcsx2 and it will make a new one.
That's not an ini. It's a dll with the extension changed to .ini(check file size). But it shouldn't matter regardless.
I have somehow messed it up where Windows thinks it's like some sort of perma DLL. Like all I can really add is what you see in the photo, I had it like that when it was .ini by default, then I doubleclick or somehow got to Open with and just in the moment, doubleclicked Notepad, rushing like I knew what the heck I was doing.

Either I'm just that thickheaded and don't understand how to idk... Can't do a system restore to go back to when I 1st was tinkering around.

Use a Winamp DSP plugin: This option will allow you to use Winamp DPS plugins to alter the resulting sound. It will require you to set plugin's path in ini-file (see [DSP PLUGIN] section in SPU2-X.ini file in inis sub-folder of your PCSX2 folder).
delete the spu-x.ini.. .ini 's open with notepad by default anyways, but that file you have there isnt an .ini, its a .dll that has been renamed.

Looking through my 1.4.0 install here, there is no file called spu-x.ini...
(06-30-2016, 01:25 AM)scythefwd Wrote: [ -> ]delete the spu-x.ini.. .ini 's open with notepad by default anyways, but that file you have there isnt an .ini, its a .dll that has been renamed.

Looking through my 1.4.0 install here, there is no file called spu-x.ini...

Tried that, think I had it in there by usuing a program called Open Freely, to try to change things. Didn't work out so well.
go into your file associations and change it back to notepad.exe if .ini is associated with open freely
I must be no good at this, I tried to edit the file being denied to add this....

[DSP PLUGIN]
Filename=C: \Program Files (x86) \Winamp\Plugins\Dsp_stacker.dll

Never really tinkerd around with this kind of stuff. I keep trying to find a explaination of some sorts and the only one I find is.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Official-...0-9-6#Misc

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-bass-boos...an-be-done

https://searchcode.com/codesearch/view/26618023/

Maybe someone can help me understand how to go about trying to enable this? I think Jammix Enhancer would offer a great boost to the audio while playing yer games! It's a pretty neat plugin with a lot of presets to play around with.