..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: [Dark Cloud 2 USA V2.0] Slow Speed in "busy" Screens
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I've been trying desperately to get this game to run correctly, but I just don't know what else to try. I am hoping it's not because my PC isn't powerful enough.

The game runs fine frame rate wise (constant 40+ frames), but whenever the game needs to render a lot of things on the screen, the speed drops by about 20%-40%, causing slow movements and slow audio. There are no problems in menus and in areas without "too much going on".

I don't understand too much about the speedhacks and other options in PCSX2 (I'm running V1.4.0), so I was hoping someone here can make some suggestions.

PC specs:

Windows 7 64 bit ultimate
Nvidia GeForce GT 730
AMD Fx 6100 6-core processor (3.30 GHz)
16 GB RAM

I'm using GSdx-32 AVX with Direct113D (Hardware)

When I run the game, the CPU clocks in at around 60% (Usually around 30%) when I view it via task manager, so it's not being too overloaded.

Any help is appreciated! Let me know if you want any more info on my settings and/or screenshots.

Edit: I *think* I've fixed it, but I'll need to play test it a bit more later. Speed is at around 100% with 60-ish FPS. I usedthese speedhack settings: http://imgur.com/i0egIiY
if you could overclock your CPU it will help with this game.

Also enable the INTC Spin and Wait Loop speedhacks, they are pretty much free performance boosts, albeit small ones
This is 2016. The future of Tomorrow! Quit using 7 year old tech to run this stuff...
Your best hope though is to try OC'ing the living daylights out of that CPU.. Like 4.5 OC... You may get a good bump in performance. Just make sure you can cool those power hungry under performing thing.
Not a Intel junky by any means. just STP, not the oil, is amazing on a i5 or i7. i was a 8350 before it died..
I managed to get it up to acceptable performance by simply bumping up the speed hacks to the very maximum. It still lags a little bit in very busy area of, but it's negligible, and without problem in dungeons.

I will eventually get a new PC… eventually… xD I don't really need anything too powerful, so that's why it's still pretty old.

Thanks for the help!