..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: [Bug Report] PadSSSPSX Plugin and r791+. Savestate not working.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since PCSX2 r791, you can't use save states anymore if you're using the PadSSSPSX Plugin.
I've always prefered it over LilyPad, but now I see no other choice other than using LilyPad

There are a few explanations as to why this happens over here: http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/source/detail?r=791

It'd be nice if i could use PadSSSPSX again.
This is not a PCSX2 bug, it's an API incompatibility. An optional function PADfreeze() was added to the pad plugin spec. It takes in two arguments and behaves exactly like the *freeze() functions for all other plugin types. SSSPSX implements its own PADfreeze function, which doesn't do anything and takes no arguments (Thus crashing if actually passed any arguments).

If SSSPSX 1.7.0 were open source, I'd fix it. It doesn't seem to be, so I won't. You can just use a hex editor to remove the offending function from the SSSPSX dll, if you really want. Or you can just look for SSSPSX 1.6.0, which works fine as-is.
but SSSPSX is open source Huh (since i have the source code here Tongue)
oh well, i got used to the slight delay in lilypad's analog control...

so anything is fine. it would just be nice to have a second option though, for those rare cases where one doesn't work.