..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: GS plugin troubles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

This is my first time using PCSX2 so forgive me if my question ends up being something silly, though I have been looking around for a good bit now.

I'm trying to play my .iso of Suikoden V but the game slows down to around 30 fps about 5 mins in. I was using the open source drivers and got this result. I figured it wasn't a hardware limitation based on a quick comparison to the post in the wiki for PCSX2 for suikoden (link here: http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Suikoden_V). I switched to the proprietary nvidia driver but now I am having GS plugin trouble.

Below is information people seem to want from other posts I've looked at while trying to figure this out.

I am running
CPU: Intel Core i7-6820HQ
GPU: NVIDIA Quadro M1000M
Memory: 8GB DDR4-2133 SODIMM
PCSX2 Version: 1.4.0
Quote: I switched to the proprietary nvidia driver but now I am having GS plugin trouble.
In your opinion, will anyone be able to find what do you mean by trouble ?

Nouveau (open source driver) use at least 12.x (and hopefully soon latest mesa git will be a bit faster). Otherwise the driver misses proper reclocking (very bad for perf), and misses multithread optimization (again very bad for the perf). So it is a better idea to use the proprietary driver (unfortunately).
(07-21-2016, 05:56 PM)gregory Wrote: [ -> ]In your opinion, will anyone be able to find what do you mean by trouble ?

Nouveau (open source driver) use at least 12.x (and hopefully soon latest mesa git will be a bit faster). Otherwise the driver misses proper reclocking (very bad for perf), and misses multithread optimization (again very bad for the perf). So it is a better idea to use the proprietary driver (unfortunately).

Sorry, I meant to elaborate, started reading something else, came back to this, forgot, and posted.

When I switch to the proprietary driver it tells me " the configured GS plugin is not a valid dynamic library".
Your driver is wrongly installed (the 32 bits part).