..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Help please...error getting into main screen to format memory card.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I am trying to run retail version of Makai Kingdom from my disc drive, and it is running great exept for some visual errors on the tile battle field when movements are going on, but everything else is great.

Problem is, is that when I am booting it it says that my memory cards are not formated, so I can only save state which can be a temporary solution, but I would like to save.

When I just pull up the pcsx2 program and click excecute, it pulls up the boot screen of the ps2 and it starts shaking and kicks me out and said it closed due to an unexpected error. If I can't get to the main ps2 screen to format it how can I format the cards, or better yet anyone have a fix for this error so I don't have to save state everytime and play the games like they are meant to be played? Thank you in advance!!!
You can access the BIOS screen by selecting CDVDnull in config->cdvd plugin, therer you can format your memory cards through the BIOS.
However, in PCSX2 0.9.6 and above, there should be no problem in saving to unformatted memory cards through games (games should format your memory card when attempting to save to an unformatted memory card). Does Makai Kingdom not do that?
I am not sure that is a great question, but while I was waiting for a reply I did download 7-zip form the FAQ and get some formated cards put into the folder, so I think I am good to go. Does anyone else have that error when they try to get into the bios of the main screen?

Also in the faq they said that magiciso could create iso's for the games for easy access, but do you have to pay for it? It said it was limited to 800 megs without paying and I am not really interested in paying.
(04-06-2009, 12:19 AM)ty1134 Wrote: [ -> ]Also in the faq they said that magiciso could create iso's for the games for easy access, but do you have to pay for it? It said it was limited to 800 megs without paying and I am not really interested in paying.

ImgBurn is a great tool to create iso's with, free and no restrictions. Has worked for every game I've tried so far.

Unless you have a compelling reason to use magiciso, I'd give ImgBurn a try.
Sweet sauce of love thanks Echo, just what i was looking for as far as my iso needs go
(04-06-2009, 12:19 AM)ty1134 Wrote: [ -> ]I am not sure that is a great question, but while I was waiting for a reply I did download 7-zip form the FAQ and get some formated cards put into the folder, so I think I am good to go. Does anyone else have that error when they try to get into the bios of the main screen?

Also in the faq they said that magiciso could create iso's for the games for easy access, but do you have to pay for it? It said it was limited to 800 megs without paying and I am not really interested in paying.

There are many people for whom PCSX2 while entering bios. Sometimes it's not related to PCSX2 but to GSDX, and you can bypass that problem by setting GSDX to SOFTWARE mode, configuring bios/format memorycards (although that shouldn't be actually required at all) and then setting it back to hardware.
yea after configuring the bios you don't have to set gsdx to software mode again (unless you make a fresh install of pcsx2 with all your bios settings erased Tongue)