..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 Logo Design Entries
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Biggrin well sort of
no need to be serious now

just an idea of mine
we gotta integrate PC somehow...or not?
[Image: bysmasher2.th.png]
Just slapped this up. I only came across this competition yesterday so I'm gutted this is late but hopefully it'll still be optioned for the new logo.

I haven't had time to try and set it to any size but if it's liked I can supply the .ai files etc.

Also I decided to play with the whole TCXS of the PS controller and made my WSAD equivalent since its the PS on the PC.

[attachment=18750]
[attachment=18752]
[attachment=18751]
I WILL SED MORE PICS ..ME SUMIT FROM INDIA
A ALL NEW LOGO FOR THE PCSX 2 ........ AGAIN FROM SUMIT ~INDIA~[Smile]
I made these logo and icon variations. The differences in the logos is on the "X" and the "2" and icons for each variation. The icon variations are made with the "2" of the logo, a flat version (like the current icon is), "PCSX2"-Logo-Icon variations and a Playstation 2 Pad (created by myself too, this is no photo, it is vector) for Icon Smile
Here's my three entries. They're all completely different. The last two aren't so great, but they were fun to make.

[Image: logo1.png]

[Image: logo2.png]

[Image: logo3-2.png]
Just a few revisions. I added some colour to my first post.

[Image: logo1-1.png]

[Image: logo1-2.png]

[Image: logo1-3.png]

And here's an icon:

[Image: Logo1_icon.png]
Here's another logo by me. I'm having way too much fun with this! Anyway, this is a take on the ps2 network setup screen, two different sizes with two icons.

[Image: logo4.png]

[Image: logo4-2.png]

[Image: logo4_icon.png]

[Image: logo4_icon2.png]
Hi guys. Smile I'm no one official, but I'd like to give my feedback on what I've seen submitted thus far.

The key elements I believe are blue, iconic representations of PlayStation, and some presence of minimalism (a very established trend with logos as we step further into the 21st century). Below are my current favorites of what has been entered, with commentary.

by Nanxo
[Image: attachment.php?aid=16547]

Definitely my favorite from the first 5 pages. It's clean and not repetitive (This is why I picked it over your others). The imagery is fresh and the font is a fashionable pick. Nice work. I like your icon too, although I think you should remove the small details from the controller (branding, text like ANALOG, etc). Also I don't think we should use the Spiderman font anywhere for a PS2 emu. It's indeed PlayStation, but it's PlayStation 3. If you look at reception for that font, many consider it to over-stylized and a bit tacky. Smile Thumbs up!

by Gentjan
[Image: pcsx2_l.jpg]

Excellent 3d work, Gentjan! The well-recognized hexagonal-cylinder star's inclusion is a plus for any PCSX2 logo, as it holds the proper assocation. I like your font as well, especially the combined X & 2.

by SouthCross
[Image: LogoPCSX2.png]

The multi-layer splash caught my eye, and the font is respectable. I like what you did with the X, also! And while many submissions are suffering from excessive maximalism, I definitely feel you can afford to add more to yours! There's just so much white space where it feels like something is absent.

by Shuriaki
[Image: attachment.php?aid=17626]
As with SouthCross', I like the X here, but especially so because of the refraction and mirroring effects you adeptly utilized. The 3d angle is probably the best of the set you shared, given that it was difficult to just pick one of them. #17547 is a close secondary choice!

While I feel all of the above are the choicest candidates for PCSX2's new logo, it is always true there is room for improvement! The vast majority of the entries contain either too much activity, disagreeable color choices, or fonts that either feel outdated, too intricate, or just overused.

Keep up the creativity guys! Biggrin
One more entry. The depth of field effect makes this one look very slick (in my opinion, anyway).

[Image: logo5.png]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21