..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Newbie Question Alert!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just downloaded the PCSX2, and I am wondering how to use it, I have tried reading the guide but it's written in Chinese to me.
I was wondering, for the "Configuration" of the "First" and "Second Controller," is there any way to use an actual controller? Like a physical one using an adapter?
[Ex. Something like this to play the emulator with: http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/powergamer88/2port.jpg ]

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Second question:
When i execute the program (pcsx2 0.9.6.exe)
A message pops up saying the following:
Quote:Pcsx2 Msg
The EE/IOP recompiler failed to initialize the following error:
Processor doesn't support SSE2
The EE/IOP interpreter will be used instead (slow!)

How do I fix this?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Final question:
Whenever I try to press "File > Run CD/DVD" it says the following error:
The specified Bios file was not found. A bios is required for Pcx2 to run.
File not found
Filename: C\Program Files\Pcsx2\bios\
Was I supposed to configure the "Set bios directory" to something else?
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Help me please! I have no idea what I'm doing... Blush
..D:
In answer to your first question, yes you can plug in a USB conversion adaptor and map a real pad, i do that personally as do many others i believe Smile

In answer to your question about the errors, it sounds like your system is just far too old to be using the emulator, think its time for an upgrade Smile
File not found

Sounds like you didn't dump bios from your PS2. Dump it and place it in the bios folder.
(04-06-2009, 11:37 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]
File not found

Sounds like you didn't dump bios from your PS2. Dump it and place it in the bios folder.
Can you explain what you mean? :s
How do I go on about doing that? @-@;;
(04-06-2009, 10:29 AM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]In answer to your first question, yes you can plug in a USB conversion adaptor and map a real pad, i do that personally as do many others i believe Smile

In answer to your question about the errors, it sounds like your system is just far too old to be using the emulator, think its time for an upgrade Smile
...D:
I know, I do need a new computer... but my parents won't buy one..
Even though my system is old, is it still possible that it will work? Wacko
(04-07-2009, 04:39 AM)Mudkips Wrote: [ -> ]
File not found

you should've read this
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2298.html#Bios

(04-06-2009, 10:29 AM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]In answer to your first question, yes you can plug in a USB conversion adaptor and map a real pad, i do that personally as do many others i believe Smile

...D:
well then you should figure out some way of persuading your parents Tongue (like tell them that that pc is too old for all the new computer programs, and that you can't use it with them (just bcuz of hardware capabilities) xP)

some use a ps2 adaptor for the controler to work on the PC, others just use a PC pad (I use a pc pad)
(04-07-2009, 04:48 AM)LuisR14 Wrote: [ -> ]
File not found

you should've read this
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2298.html#Bios

...D:
well then you should figure out some way of persuading your parents Tongue (like tell them that that pc is too old for all the new computer programs, and that you can't use it with them (just bcuz of hardware capabilities) xP)

Thank you, thank you so much... I shall read that thread, and I shall see if it works in this computer, even if I did ask them for a new one, it's not like we can afford one, especially with this recession-ish Closedeyes
I'll be back if I have any other problems, either that or I'll just give up! Thanks again! Happy
(04-08-2009, 12:02 AM)Saiki Wrote: [ -> ]

some use a ps2 adaptor for the controler to work on the PC, others just use a PC pad (I use a pc pad)

Ah, that makes more sense, XD thanks for clarifying Laugh
also there is a way to use pcsx2 on your pc (without buying new hardware Tongue), but it's a hella slow to use it. xP
you just have to use a software called SwiftShader (it emulates Pixel shaders up to 2.x Smile), and as i said it's a hella lot of slow. xP (i know cuz i use it on my pc in my sig Tongue)
(04-08-2009, 05:22 AM)LuisR14 Wrote: [ -> ]also there is a way to use pcsx2 on your pc (without buying new hardware Tongue), but it's a hella slow to use it. xP
you just have to use a software called SwiftShader (it emulates Pixel shaders up to 2.x Smile), and as i said it's a hella lot of slow. xP (i know cuz i use it on my pc in my sig Tongue)
Ah! *Eyes light up*
A solution you say? Laugh?
Could you give me some details about this 'SwiftShader' or point me in the right direction as to how to obtain it or know more information about it?
Evil
So helpful... Happy
here's a link about it Tongue Laugh Laugh Laugh (but as i said it's really slow to do it that way Tongue)
http://www.transgaming.com/products/swiftshader/
Pages: 1 2