..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Spectabis | Advanced Game Launcher (Frontend)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Sorry but this is shocking:

- You have to select all games individually to add them, no option to select all
- It doesn't automatically scrape
-I've gotten 5 games box arts to show by doing it manually, right click, refresh box art etc and now it's just stopped working for further games. I just get the red circle expanding endlessly no matter the game.
- No option to start all games in full screen
- Start a game, then exit it, spectabis is minimised and you have to manually go back to it again and press the exit game button even though you've already left it. Spectabis then goes to small screen mode, not to full screen like it was before I launched the game

What happened? This used to be a good programme
I don't know if the latest ver. messed things up or not, I'm fine with the ver. before this one.

You should be able to add a directory for Spectabis to load up, I don't know if it still asks you game-by-game to add them or not.

For the boxart issue, you're probably better off getting a GiantBomb API key and using that to scrap artwork for your games as the older TheGamesDB is a bit depreciated/slow and inaccurate.

Spectabis should naturally come back up once you've exited a game, I'm not sure how you're exiting PCSX2, but it's possible it's not a full exit/shutdown, but a soft one to allow you to play right away. (or not, who knows, but that's not an issue I've ever had)

If you want your games to start in full screen, you should be configuring PCSX2 _before_ using Spectabis. Spectabis will use the configuration of PCSX2 as it's base config for all the games you add. So that's something you deal with in PCSX2 first and foremost.

Also, if the program used to be fine, there probably wasn't a need to upgrade, right? Don't fix what's not broken, or so they say :3. Stick to an older version if the latest one gives you issues.
Is there any plan for the future of setting your preferred game configs so that you don't have to go through each game to activate the BIOS for all of them? And speaking of the BIOS, will there be an option to launch the bios on its own?
What do you mean, activate the BIOS for all of them? When you start a game it asks you to confirm the BIOS?

For launching just the BIOS, just use pcsx2 normally and boot up with no game selected. There is no way of just launching PCSX2 with no game, there might be a way to 'hack' around that, no idea.
(09-09-2019, 06:06 PM)Arcadius Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean, activate the BIOS for all of them? When you start a game it asks you to confirm the BIOS?
I meant like making it so full boot, fullscreen, and other per game configs is set for all of the games
Before creating Spectabis configurations, you MUST make a base config of PCSX2 before.
Open pcsx2 like you normally would using pcsx2.exe, configure all your plugins and BIOS locations and things and then exit PCSX2 using the System drop menu and Exit.

Once you've done that, Spectabis will use the configuration you did in pcsx2 and that's the 'base'.

You should never be asked to configure anything when playing from Spectabis, just as long as you opened pcsx2.exe and did things the normal way.
Otherwise every time you play a game, you have to go through the grueling process of doing it all manually.... all the time.

I wrote this up thinking that's what you meant.
Oh, okay! Thanks for the help
I just found out about this program, and got the pcsx2 install and iso folders selected for Spectabis but it seems to be having trouble getting any box art. Does anyone have a solution for this? Is this a common or known issue? Do I need to set up those scraping api things, and if so how would I set them all up? Thanks.
You might want to do the Giantbomb API if you're not getting any art from the default API thing. I haven't added any new games to my collection in a while and haven't emulated PS2 games as well, everything was and should just still 'work'.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18