..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: need help and advice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi just new here

i just want to ask what cpu and gpu card needed for emulating 3x native resolution without speedhacks..
cuz when i try 3x native on radiata and star ocean 3 fps drops on 30% even with some speedhack of ee 1 vu 0 INTC spin detect and wait loop, btw using pcsx2 1.4.0...skipdraw and frame 1 makes it 100% fps but as the battle starts my character stuck and cant move its cause of the draw/frame skipping
so i need an advice...does my pc spec enough to run 3x native (hardware)? if not what cpu and gpu i need...just really want to play on 3x native because of the smooth graphics

my current  pc specs
OS window 7 ulti 64bit service pack 1
cpu: intel i3 2100 3.10 ghz
gpu: gpalit gt 730
ram: 4gb
HDD: sata 1tb

i hope someone can help me...
the games you're trying to emulate are demanding and your CPU's STR is barely under 1600.
get any of the CPUs above 1800 in this list
and a mid range GPU (like GT 760) and you should be fine
(08-13-2016, 08:56 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]the games you're trying to emulate are demanding and your CPU's STR is barely under 1600.
get any of the CPUs above 1800 in this list
and a mid range GPU (like GT 760) and you should be fine

can u give me any specific type of cpu?
I7-4940MX should be ok
Jesalvein is correct on the GPU. Unless you are going to play Zone of Enders. just drop the monies on a 4790. You won't have to worry about emulation stuff for awhile.
Hell, you might already have the cooler and mobo for a gen 3. An i7 3770 (2050 stp)would do wonders in that board. Hell, an i3 3240 would up your abilities quite a bit (right at 1800 stp).. I know my current mobo handles both gen 2 and gen 3 procs. Your processor is a socket 1155. If you cant do the i3 (would depend on what motherboard you have), you could always find a used i7 2600 and get close to 1900 stp without having to replace anything else. I would recommend a gtx 750, something like the one in my signature for 3-4x native resolutions.. Not sure what games would show that video cards limitations though..