..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Persona 3, very slow despite 60FPS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As soon as the auditorium scene hits, everything goes downhill. It's like I'm trying to play Crysis on a single core Windows 95 with no RAM. Once every 10 seconds there will be a frame change.

However, the FPS counter is still showing 60FPS, and the sound is doing just fine.

There any particular reason for this?

AMD Athlon 6400+ 3.2Ghz Dual Core
4GB Ram
8800GTX Nvidia
Vista 32

I've tried using DX9, and that didn't help.

I'm also looking at my task manager...it says PCSX2 is only using up 64% CPU.
What plugins and settings you are using? Make sure you play that game in Iso, not direct playing to your dvdrom.
It's possible that speedhacks or VU Frameskip causes that. Disable speedhacks and VU Frameskip if you have these on.
Sorry it took me so long to respond. I figured it out right before heading to sleep and I completely forgot about the topic I made.

Turning off the frame skip feature fixed it...but...it slows down to around 40FPS when they're having their little group discussions. Is there anyway for me to turn on the frame skip feature while still maintaining STABLE gameplay?

EDIT: Setting oth clamp settings to NONE seemed to help a bit.
I'm guessing you're using the GSdx plugin, I had this problem too with Persona 3 so I switched to ZeroGS.
(04-09-2009, 02:50 AM)Typheus Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry it took me so long to respond. I figured it out right before heading to sleep and I completely forgot about the topic I made.

Turning off the frame skip feature fixed it...but...it slows down to around 40FPS when they're having their little group discussions. Is there anyway for me to turn on the frame skip feature while still maintaining STABLE gameplay?

EDIT: Setting oth clamp settings to NONE seemed to help a bit.

Well, from what you describe it seems that your processor just isn't enough for the job. Try checking different speedhacks and seeing if they'd help.
It don't matter, I've got it running 60FPS at all times, save for when they're in an auditorium.
(04-09-2009, 04:59 AM)Typheus Wrote: [ -> ]It don't matter, I've got it running 60FPS at all times, save for when they're in an auditorium.

Well, unlucky you then.
Cain, you're right. You've invested more money into your PC and it's much better than mine. So much better in fact, that it can run Persona 3 at any scene at 60FPS.
(04-09-2009, 06:15 AM)Typheus Wrote: [ -> ]Cain, you're right. You've invested more money into your PC and it's much better than mine. So much better in fact, that it can run Persona 3 at any scene at 60FPS.

Whoa, sarcasm. Not very good at it, are you? I've never seen it in fact and simpy using common sense.
Pages: 1 2