..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: New user, Higher-end system but 20% GS? Pls halp!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Asus g73sw
GTX 460M (1gig)
i7 2.0 ghz
8gig RAM

So, I tried playing my first ROM (Ratchet and Clank) on I think exact default settings from the installer and resolution of 512x448 and I'm getting around 60% speed with 90% EE and ~25% GS. I have tried using both Hardware and Software modes. Also, I have tried both AVX and SSE2. Nothing seems to change the quality of game-play.

Could someone please help me out? I'd really love to play these old-school games again!

Thx

edit: I read the FAQ/Read-Me/Forums (a bit) prior to my post (and upon install) and I just don't know what the problem is. I thought I read the 2.0ghz processor was bettered in 'software mode'. Also, my GeForce has Cuda if that matters any. Thanks for any help!
(08-30-2016, 03:14 AM)hideyodag Wrote: [ -> ]Asus g73sw
GTX 460M (1gig)
i7 2.0 ghz
8gig RAM

So, I tried playing my first ROM (Ratchet and Clank) on I think exact default settings from the installer and resolution of 512x448 and I'm getting around 60% speed with 90% EE and ~25% GS. I have tried using both Hardware and Software modes. Also, I have tried both AVX and SSE2. Nothing seems to change the quality of game-play.

Could someone please help me out? I'd really love to play these old-school games again!

Thx

edit: I read the FAQ/Read-Me/Forums (a bit) prior to my post (and upon install) and I just don't know what the problem is. I thought I read the 2.0ghz processor was bettered in 'software mode'. Also, my GeForce has Cuda if that matters any. Thanks for any help!

Your laptop is way too slow to get full speed in that game.
I don't get it. I can play World of Warcraft on 120 fps on Ultra / 1080p, but I can't play some antiquated PoS game from 2003 on 500x400 resolution?

Please help.
(08-30-2016, 03:37 AM)hideyodag Wrote: [ -> ]I don't get it. I can play World of Warcraft on 120 fps on Ultra / 1080p, but I can't play some antiquated PoS game from 2003 on 500x400 resolution?

Please help.

The PS2 is far harder to emulate than running something like WoW. The two aren't even remotely comparable.
I will take your word on that. Do you recommend greater emphasis on GPU or CPU in a future build?

In fairness, any other input on the OP is recommended.
(08-30-2016, 04:09 AM)hideyodag Wrote: [ -> ]I will take your word on that. Do you recommend greater emphasis on GPU or CPU in a future build?

In fairness, any other input on the OP is recommended.

CPU.
STP is what you're looking for in a processor.. We like to see a stp of 1600 give or take in passmark cpu tests (stp specifically)..
CPU. Why I still won't change from the 4790 anytime soon.
Great information. Thanks everyone!

edit: Do you guys know a site that displays STP ratings? Passmark and CPUbenchmark, etc.. don't seem to display it?
(08-30-2016, 09:32 AM)hideyodag Wrote: [ -> ]Great information. Thanks everyone!

edit: Do you guys know a site that displays STP ratings? Passmark and CPUbenchmark, etc.. don't seem to display it?

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html
Pages: 1 2