..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DRIV3R [SLES 50876] (E)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
status=4;
version=1.7.0;
console=PS2;
crc=E94FBF35;
img_t=empty;
img_f=empty;
wikiurl=link;
Code:
empty
PC Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5 @ 3.3Ghz
GPU: AMD Radeon HD6000

Build Description: PCSX2 1.5.0 - 1218
If other please specify: N/A

BIOS Used: Europe v02.00

EE/VU Clamp modes: Normal/Normal
EE/VU Rounding: Chop/Chop

Speedhacks Used: default + VU Cycle stealing (2)

Gamefixes Used: None

Amount of testing done (little/medium/much/completed-game): Medium

Comments:
  • Runs unplayably slow at 10-20% in Hardware modes. It's possible to get a higher fps with some tweaks to the speedhacks, but higher slider settings cause fake fps.
  • It's possible to get the game to run at 100% at higher than native resolutions with Direct3D renderers if CRC hack level is set to "Full (Safest)" or higher, but the game will look horrible compared to "Partial (OpenGL Recommended)".
  • Runs decently 85-95% in Software modes, mostly close to 100% with VU Cycle Stealing set to 2, but still has dips to 75-85%.
Bugs:
  • In Hardware mode text is scrambled at higher than native resolutions. There's no known solution for this. Keep the resolution to native or set the renderer to any of the software modes.
  • In Hardware mode there are flickering shadows all over the ground and almost all textures textures are messed up. It's worse when CRC Hack Level is set to "Full (Safest)" or higher. Solution: Setting Renderer to "OpenGL (Hardware)" fixes messed up textures and Hardware Depth resolves the flickering shadows.
  • In Hardware modes car textures are messed up. There's no known solution for this.
  • In Software mode, the car textures change color if another car of the same type, but in a different color, shows up in view(even though it might be behind a building where you can't see it yet). As soon as that car is out of view, the color changes back to the normal color. If you then turn the camera around to look at the direction of where the other car is again, your car changes back to the color of that car. There's no known solution for this. UPDATE: This has since been fixed in recent v1.5.0 git builds!
  • There's a major issue with (police) AI, making it impossible to complete the second mission. The police car you're following is acting crazy, banging into other cars and pedestrians, and eventually slamming into a wall and it will keep driving forward. You can't complete this mission because of it. I tried Round and Clamping modes and EE Timing hack game fix, turned off speedhacks, but I couldn't find a fix (this already happens in 1.2.1. build, so it's not a recent regression). There's no known solution for this.
  • Noticed a few other minor bugs in software mode, like some green stuff floating through the screen when I was in the water during a police chase. But the issue didn't repeat and I couldn't identify a source.
Ingame
without doing a full review. the two graphics settings I noticed affected hardware mode fps the most was internal resolution and blending accuracy. you need to drop the resolution to native and keep blending accuracy no higher than basic
PC Specs:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-9600KF CPU @ 3.70GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

Build Description: PCSX2 V1.7.0-dev-1430

BIOS Used: USA v02.20(10/02/2006) Console

GS Settings: Software, Binilear (PS2), Accurate DATE,

GS HW Hacks:

Speedhacks Used:

N/A

GameFixes Used: Assumed to be automatic. Change if you are doing manual gamefixes

Amount of testing done (little/medium/much/completed-game): little

Comments:

almost everything FlatOut said in 2016 is still true.

Bugs:
text in hardware is buggy even if resolution is set to native.

speed issues in hardware. recommend software renderer. even in software renderer FPS can fluctuate by about 5fps.
Pathing in second mission still breaks the game.

Status
Ingame
You can't have both statuses, besides this game suffers from multiple things to not be considered playable in my opinion
https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/3661
PC Specs:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4790
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

Build Description: PCSX2 V1.7.0-dev-2741

BIOS Used: USA v01.60(07/02/2002) Console

GSdx Settings: Software, Bilinear (Forced excluding Sprite)

GSdx HW Hacks: None

Speedhacks Used: None

GameFixes Used: Assumed to be automatic.

Amount of testing done (little/medium/much/completed-game): little

Comments:

Using hardware mode works only if using a low upscaling (eg.: 2X). Looks perfect in software mode.
The same applies to (U) version.
Stuntman (U/E) also has similar issues probably due using the same game engine.
The pathing from the cops in second mission is completely broken yet.

Bugs:
In hardware mode (eg.: Vulkan) it uses a lot of VRAM. I can use hardware mode just with low upscaling (eg.: 2x), but some graphical problems happens.
Cops AI

Did you test the second mission? pathing is completely broken, and I don't believe it has been fixed.
I previously tested this game in version 1.7.0 dev-2002, only with low fps, the second mission in the game is broken (AI cop crashes into a wall at the end of the mission). So we can assume that this game is in-game.

And by the way, this can be played perfectly on the Xbox Original (xemu) emulator, it runs the DRIV3R game fine, but with a field of view error.