..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Goblin Commander.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have several PSX2 ISOs. For some reason the only one that doesn't run at 100% is Goblin Commander. Are there any speed hacks or such for this game?

Thanks,
ignatius333
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
(10-14-2016, 06:22 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : Intel® Core™ i3-6100 CPU (Quad Core) @ 3.70GHz
GPU : Intel HD Graphics 530
MEM : 8GiB
OS    : openSuSE Tumbleweed

PCSX2 Version : 1.5.0-0 (git)

Like I said, i'm having problems with Goblin Commander not running at 60 FPS. All other ISOs I have do. Even the ones that take up more HDD space.

Thanks,
ignatius333
What % do you have in the the tittle bar. Potentially it could be a limitation of your GPU driver (aka mesa). Which Mesa version do you have ?
(10-16-2016, 11:30 AM)gregory Wrote: [ -> ]What % do you have in the the tittle bar. Potentially it could be a limitation of your GPU driver (aka mesa). Which Mesa version do you have ?

I'm using this GPU plugin:

GSdx (GCC 4.9.1, SSE2) 0.1.16 [libGSdx-0.1.16]

Apparently it doesn't use the libMesa library.

It says:

Slot 0 | Speed 63%(33.73) | Limiter: Max |GSdx|640x440|Auto|interlaced EE: 44%|Gs.98

Notice the resolution. I've tried it with full screen, too. Still not 60 FPS.

Thanks,
ignatius333
Resolution is the internal game resolution. So yes the issue is GS the side (see 98%).

Mesa provides openGL, GSdx will use it. Maybe you can provide a screenshot of the first GSdx panel. You can try
1st panel
* disable accurate blending
* enable user hack
* disable accurate date
* enable/disable 8 bit texture
2nd panel
* try fast texture invalidation hack
* enable/disable geometry shader
* disable depth emulation (will break various rendering)
(10-17-2016, 10:46 AM)gregory Wrote: [ -> ]Resolution is the internal game resolution. So yes the issue is GS the side (see 98%).

Mesa provides openGL, GSdx will use it. Maybe you can provide a screenshot of the first GSdx panel. You can try
1st panel
* disable accurate blending
* enable user hack
* disable accurate date
* enable/disable 8 bit texture
2nd panel
* try fast texture invalidation hack
* enable/disable geometry shader
* disable depth emulation (will break various rendering)

Where are these settings located?

Thanks.
(10-17-2016, 11:48 PM)ignatius333 Wrote: [ -> ]Where are these settings located?

Thanks.

A screenshot:  http://oi66.tinypic.com/2r7boft.jpg
There are various guide available (with various translation available). I would advise to read them.
You can configure GSdx plugin here:
Config->Plugin Video->Setting.
(10-17-2016, 11:48 PM)ignatius333 Wrote: [ -> ]None of these settings are available in the setup dialog.

Thanks,
ignatius333
Pages: 1 2