..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Pcsx2 running very slow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Basically i wanted to play old games that i played back in the day and i still have them on the dvds of my ps2 but it broke so i wanted to play it on pcsx2 but i have a problem i watched some vid on youtube 1hr long of a guy explaining everything about pcsx2 *snip. Contains piracy* and i did everything in his order tried everything vanilla as possible so i boot up sly cooper 2 and at the start like when u press new game im getting like 35 to 40 fps and i changed and played with a bunch of setting the highest igot it was like 90% and it was with horible grafichs like stutering,red like flashes,characters completly black and a lot of bugs if any of you guys has some tips or settings that i could try.
     MY SPECS:Amd athlon 2 x2 250
                    6GB of ram
                    Amd radeon r7 250 boost 
                    Windows 7
Its a demanding game. To play it correctly, you just need a decent CPU.
(10-19-2016, 04:23 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]Its a demanding game. To play it correctly, you just need a decent CPU.
So is there something i can do like settings config or something besides to upgrade my cpu becouse like my gpu can handle the load and i played kingdom hearts and it run smoothly
Unless the devs find a way to make PCSX2 massively more efficient, then no
(10-19-2016, 09:40 PM)theblueasteroid Wrote: [ -> ]So is there something i can do like settings config or something  besides to upgrade my cpu becouse like my gpu can handle the load and i played kingdom hearts and it run smoothly

yes, because KH1 is one of the least demanding games.
And emulation generally relies massively on CPU raw power. (except GC/WII emulation of course)
Until then i think im gonna wait if they make a new update for it that makes it more faster or im gonna buy a new cpu i was thinking about fx 6300 black edition
anyways, I just watched the tutorial video you followed, and it contains piracy links.
Thus. Thread closed, wanring issued, and link removed.