..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Red lines and frame/speed issues in Need For Speed:Underground
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello people,

I don't know much about computers, as i'm used to console gaming. So everything seems very complicated to me.

I'm having a problem with my game where there are vertical see-through red lines on my screen. The game runs very well in the main menu/garage, but when I start a race the game has bad frame rate and it kind of goes slow motion. Also, the graphics don't look at good as they should be.

I have no idea how to fix this. Can anyone help?

Here are my computer specs:

Processor - Intel Core i5 760

Graphics Card - ATI Radeon HD 4550

RAM - 4GB

(I don't know if that's how you are supposed to list the specs. And in case you didn't notice, my computer isn't that great.)
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
Your hardware is a little weak for this game. Go to Config > Video(GS) > Plugin Settings, make sure the Renderer is set to Direct3D11, then click "Enable HW Hacks", go to Configure Hacks and set Skipdraw to 1-6(try setting it 1 step higher everytime to figure out which is the best option for you).

And go to Config > Emulation Settings > Speedhacks tab, and turn on the MTVU speedhack. If could improve performance.