..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Weird stuttering/fps drop in KH2:FM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, so I have this weird problem that I don't know how to resolve.
Kingdom Hearts 2:FM runs almost flawlessly but I sometimes get frame drops which cuts my sound off for a second.
This only happens when I'm in a cutscene, go to a new area (where the screen fades to black) or open a chest.
My specs are:
Win 7 64 Bit
GTX 770 2GB
4670k (Quad-Core 3.8ghz)
8GB Ram

I played a lot of other games on the emulator and never really had any issues (FFXII for example)
These are my settings:
http://imgur.com/a/o8g3g
The fps drops are only minor but the sound skipping is just putting me off and throws me right out of the immersion.
I always have smooth 60 FPS but whenever the drop happens it immediatly drops to 30 and then right back to 60.
I think my specs are totally fine.
Also tried a previous version of PCSX2 but that also didn't work, same with another ISO.

Edit: It also happens when I play with a native resolution.
Tried a unpatched ISO too and it still happens.
What is your spu settings. cause it could be something in there acting up cause your settings look fine. Also if your using 1.4.0 pcsx2 try the latest Git
Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.
You shouldn't be getting stuttering in KH2, especially for a second, unless you are using an external harddrive or your harddrive is powering down. Can you try the ISO on a different drive?
I worked it out by playing on my SSD, don't know if that really was the issue but it seemed to fix it. Smile

Now I have another problem though, I'm having the exact same issue like this guy: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Kingdom-H...ess-SOLVED

Clearing all settings doesn't work for some reason.