..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Wanna bet on 64 bits performance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hum, potentially there are some margin of improvements for newer CPU. Texture conversion is done with a gather operation.
So far it is emulated with 8 instructions (for 1 texel lookup, bilinear is 4)
AVX2 adds a native gather instruction. However it isn't fast on my CPU (haswell), but skylake got intesting number.
Haswell : 20 uops, 9 cycles of latency
broadwell: 10 uops, 6 cycles of latency
skylake: 4 uops, 4 cycles of latency.
The dream will be AVX512 support.
* All reads (texture/frame buffer/depth buffer) could be replaced with a couple of gather instructions. And writes (frame & depth buffer) by 2 scatter instructions
* The additional mask parameter will remove various opcode
* 32 registers more than enough to not bother with temporary variable
* (and why not 16 pixels processed by shader instead of 8 (AVX2))
Is there any advance on 64 bits in Linux? I'd love to install it in my Arch without all the 32 bits dependencies Laugh
You can install it. And it will work if you select the interpreter for EE/VU (yes it is slow).
(02-17-2017, 04:34 PM)gregory Wrote: [ -> ]You can install it. And it will work if you select the interpreter for EE/VU (yes it is slow).

Is there a cmake flag for that? (I'm trying to build it on OpenBSD where we don't have 32bit compat on 64bit archs)
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5