..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: pcsx2 process hangs immediately after launch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been using pcsx2 for a while now and it worked fine until today. Now when I launch it, the process appears in the task manager but none of the windows show up. I have already tried reinstalling and repairing the visual c++ 2013 redist x86. Log file is empty.

Any ideas?
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
Are you in an Arabic region by chance? You could try deleting the folders starting "ar" in the Languages folder, in the past this has fixed the issue.
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 4201 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
Memory: 16.0 GB

PCSX2 1.4.0
Don't think I have any non-default settings.
Can't get to the point where I can choose to play a game. I did find that if I wait long enough the UI starts but it takes minutes, and is slow to shut down too.

I am not in Arabic but deleting the folder didn't help anyway.

Again, this worked 2 days ago and doesn't work today. The only thing that I think is different on my system is that windows installed an update.
Did you also check the 2015 Visual C++ redist? An issue with ghost processes was fixed in recent builds; but I don't think it's related here
Tried visual C++ 2015, same problem.