..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Where can I get this x64 build
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(11-21-2016, 06:04 PM)gregory Wrote: [ -> ]Which kind of build ? (AVX2?)
Yes, apparently so. I just tried AVX and SSE builds and they give different errors all relating to an undeclard _rz_top, which is only declared for x86, but also used in shared code. I managed to build it succesfully after doing a quick fix.

Error C2065 '_rz_top': undeclared identifier GSdx \plugins\GSdx\GSDrawScanlineCodeGenerator.x64.avx.cpp 487
Oh I just forgot to protect the variable for Windows. Just need an assert(0) on Windows. I need to check AVX2.
I'm silly, nothing is done for AVX2 Wink However I will fix the red zone stuff.
Curious , will we see 64bit outperform 32 when it's optimized in the future?
(11-21-2016, 07:45 PM)lightningterror Wrote: [ -> ]Curious , will we see 64bit outperform 32 when it's optimized in the future?

It's possible, but still too early to tell Tongue
Honestlyso far it is quite bad. GSdx Code is already optimized to use additional registers. To use the x64 addresing mode (aka rip addressing). It will already be a huge work to reach the 32 bits level, if it even possible. I need to benchmark the hw renderer.

Edit: good news I found a terrible bug that was holding the performance. On my sotc testcase I have now 28.6 (32 bits) and 30.4 (64 bits)
Pages: 1 2