..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 Trouble
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Processor: Intel Core i7 @ 2.6ghz 
GPU: 980m 
EE is 90% or higher in certain places (like the first cutscene of Star Ocean Till the End of Time) while the other percentages are low. 
FPS is 20s ~ 40s. 

Is there any hope for me, or am I doomed to never emulate PS2 games? I've tried putting on software, to having it on native settings... Nothing works Q.Q
You have a good graphics card, but you're probably suffering from the CPU. If the single thread performance is under 1600, then you can see some lag on the more demanding games
Which generation is your cpu ? Which socket ?
(11-28-2016, 02:35 AM)lightningterror Wrote: [ -> ]Which generation is your cpu ? Which socket ?

I don't know what you mean, but here's some more info...

Intel® Core™ i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60ghz (8 CPUs)

is that what you're looking for? @.@
Your CPU has 4 cores with 8 threads, with a single thread performance of 1921, so that's pretty good
(11-28-2016, 03:02 AM)envisaged0ne Wrote: [ -> ]Your CPU has 4 cores with 8 threads, with a single thread performance of 1921, so that's pretty good

So.. why can't I play SO3 at 60fps? Q.Q
(11-28-2016, 03:12 AM)MsWinnicot Wrote: [ -> ]So.. why can't I play SO3 at 60fps? Q.Q

What video backend are you using?  And what settings?  Also, have you tried any speedhacks?  I'd try using OpenGL (Hardware) and not set the internal resolution any higher than 3x
(11-28-2016, 03:20 AM)envisaged0ne Wrote: [ -> ]What video backend are you using?  And what settings?  Also, have you tried any speedhacks?  I'd try using OpenGL (Hardware) and not set the internal resolution any higher than 3x

I tried DirectX11 (Hardware and Software) on Native only. I did and it did help, but I only got to 40fps.
Strange. I'm assuming you're using the latest 1.4.0 version of PCSX2 or one of the 1.5 GIT versions. I looked up the compatibility list & people have reported it runs smoothly at a constant 60fps. So with your computer specs, I don't see why you'd have any problems running it
(11-28-2016, 03:44 AM)envisaged0ne Wrote: [ -> ]Strange.  I'm assuming you're using the latest 1.4.0 version of PCSX2 or one of the 1.5 GIT versions.  I looked up the compatibility list & people have reported it runs smoothly at a constant 60fps.  So with your computer specs, I don't see why you'd have any problems running it

That's why I'm asking what's going on... I got a little advice from a friend, but I'd have to redownload pcsx2. He mentioned I could be bottlenecked somewhere... but i don't know where x.x
Pages: 1 2