..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Rogue Galaxy Microstutters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yeah so I'm able to play Rogue Galaxy fine at 4x Native Resolution at 60fps, except for the microstutters. Monitoring my system I'm getting no changes in stats when the stutter occurs, CPU sits reasonable solid at 21 - 25%, Memory at 27% and the game is running off an ISO with hardly any hard drive usage. My specs are below, my game settings at the moment are:

PCSX2 1.4.0
GSDX32-SSE4 - DX11 Hardware
Native Resolution
PS2 Bilinear Filtering
Anisotropic Filter off
CRC Hack - Full
HW Hacks off
FXAA - off
EE/VU Round - Chop
EE/VU Clamp - Normal
Speed Hacks - Spin Detection, Wait Loop Detection, mVU Flag
Game Fixes - off
Has Widescreen patch enabled.

Specs:
Intel i7 - 4910 MQ
Nvidia Geforce 880M 
32gb System Ram
Windows 8.1
Possible cause could be lack of vsync. Try turning on wait for vsync on refresh in emulation settings -> GS window.
(01-02-2017, 11:51 AM)Eloris Wrote: [ -> ]Possible cause could be lack of vsync. Try turning on wait for vsync on refresh in emulation settings -> GS window.

Ok, just tried that, no change unfortunately.
Try using RTSS to cap the framerate. It comes with MSI afterburner.
(01-03-2017, 12:45 AM)dogen Wrote: [ -> ]Try using RTSS to cap the framerate. It comes with MSI afterburner.

Not sure what limiting the framerate helps but I tried it anyway, game is either unplayable, if the framerate is lower then 60 or still stutters at 60. As a note it's not something that happens all the time.
Is MTVU on? cause that can help. and is the micro stutters during gameplay. or after battles, opening the menu. etc etc
(01-03-2017, 01:59 AM)rikimaruaxu Wrote: [ -> ]Is MTVU on? cause that can help. and is the micro stutters during gameplay. or after battles, opening the menu. etc etc

Ok, just tested this, same result. Microstutters happen everywhere, usually at least 30 secs or more in between, sometimes as long as 5 mins in between. It pretty much just is like the game freezes for about a second then continues.
(01-03-2017, 12:59 AM)yosomith Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure what limiting the framerate helps but I tried it anyway, game is either unplayable, if the framerate is lower then 60 or still stutters at 60. As a note it's not something that happens all the time.

It generally resolves frame pacing problems.