..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Project Unification - Comprehensive Cheat Manager for PCSX2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
New version of Project Unification is out! It's a somewhat substantial update. See above for details!
Disregard
Just letting everyone know that a new version (1.0) of Project Unification is now released!!! Major updates with this version!
After some experimenting with the program I finally got my pnach file imported correctly. But the program itself is still suffering from a lot of crashing for no apparent reason. Sometimes it crashes the moment I alt tab to the program and click anywhere inside the window. Can't really say for sure what's causing it, which is a shame, because it's really looking promising now but still can't be used atm due to the excessive crashing.

Some error logs from Windows Event Viewer:

Code:
Faulting application name: ProjectUnification.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x596d4108
Faulting module name: mso40uiwin32client.dll, version: 16.0.4312.1000, time stamp: 0x564261db
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000003616a1
Faulting process id: 0x3d88
Faulting application start time: 0x01d305b2f9bb0a16
Faulting application path: F:\Users\Ryudo\Documents\PCSX2\Project Unification v1.0 x64\ProjectUnification.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Office16\mso40uiwin32client.dll
Report Id:

Code:
Application: ProjectUnification.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
   at System.Data.OleDb.DataSourceWrapper.InitializeAndCreateSession(System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionString, System.Data.OleDb.SessionWrapper ByRef)
   at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionInternal..ctor(System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionString, System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection)
   at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(System.Data.Common.DbConnectionOptions, System.Data.Common.DbConnectionPoolKey, System.Object, System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool, System.Data.Common.DbConnection)
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateNonPooledConnection(System.Data.Common.DbConnection, System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPoolGroup, System.Data.Common.DbConnectionOptions)
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.TryGetConnection(System.Data.Common.DbConnection, System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCompletionSource`1<System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionInternal>, System.Data.Common.DbConnectionOptions, System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionInternal, System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionInternal ByRef)
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionInternal.TryOpenConnectionInternal(System.Data.Common.DbConnection, System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory, System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCompletionSource`1<System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionInternal>, System.Data.Common.DbConnectionOptions)
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionInternal.OpenConnection(System.Data.Common.DbConnection, System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory)
   at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.Open()
   at WindowsApp1.Form1.GameList_SelectionChangeCommitted(System.Object, System.EventArgs)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectionChangeCommitted(System.EventArgs)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectionChangeCommittedInternal(System.EventArgs)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WmReflectCommand(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.SendMessage(System.Runtime.InteropServices.HandleRef, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.SendMessage(Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ReflectMessageInternal(IntPtr, System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCommand(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
   at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.CallWindowProc(IntPtr, IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DefWndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCommand(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
   at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG ByRef)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr, Int32, Int32)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.OnRun()
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.DoApplicationModel()
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.Run(System.String[])
   at WindowsApp1.My.MyApplication.Main(System.String[])

Code:
Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: ProjectUnification.exe
P2: 1.0.0.0
P3: 596d4108
P4: mso40uiwin32client.dll
P5: 16.0.4312.1000
P6: 564261db
P7: c0000005
P8: 00000000003616a1
P9:
P10:

Attached files:
C:\Users\Ryudo\AppData\Local\Temp\WER6957.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
C:\Users\Ryudo\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_ProjectUnificati_2c4e376f7e725aae296557a4a1af90bd3267ff_62ff790f

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id:
Report Status: 1
Ryudo,

Thank you for the crash report! I'm surprised that you are getting crashes as my own testing is not able to trigger any crashes. Based on the information that you provided, I suspect that the problem may be related to the way in which Project Unification is interacting with the version of the Microsoft Access Database Engine that is installed on your system.

Is the crashing random, or is it occurring only when you do certain things? If so, what is happening just before the crash? Can the crash be reproduced if you do the same thing again?

If there is a dialog box that appears at the time of the crash, can you post a screenshot of it?

Also, I know you mentioned before that the crashes seemed to be related to the "code comments". If you go into the Project Unification settings and disable this feature (doing so disables all of the related comment code from executing), does that help resolve the crashing?

Thanks!
Ryudo,

Also, did you install the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 (probably 64-bit version in your case)?  From this URL: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...x?id=13255

Based on the crash report you provided, it appears that you may have a relatively recent version of Microsoft Office installed on your computer?  (Possibly Office 365)

More recent versions of Microsoft Office include a newer version of the Microsoft Access Database Engine files.  I know this sounds like a good thing, but it's actually not.  Project Unification will try to use this version (giving the impression you don't need to install the 2010 engine), but my code may not be (and probably isn't) entirely compatible with this version.  If you haven't installed the 2010 version of the database engine, then doing so may help resolve the crashes.

Installing the 2010 version of the database engine will *not* downgrade or damage your version of Microsoft Office; it will just assure that all of the files needed from that version are available for Project Unification to make calls to.

To give you an example of why this is, consider DirectX, which is a runtime used in games and apps that need to render 3d scenes, like PCSX2.  DirectX serves as a type of intermediary between the program (game) and the 3d rendering hardware on a system (among other things).  If a game is written using DirectX 9 as the runtime, it depends on the files from that version to run.  Likewise, Project Unification is using the Microsoft Office Database Engine 2010 as an intermediary to read/write to the database file using SQL commands, and also depends on the version that it was written for for full compatibility.
Ryudo,

Also, please give this patched version of the ProjectUnification.exe (64-bit) a try.  I made a few code tweaks that could potentially help resolve the crashes, but I need more information to be sure.
(07-26-2017, 08:35 AM)ProjectUnification Wrote: [ -> ]Ryudo,

Thank you for the crash report!  I'm surprised that you are getting crashes as my own testing is not able to trigger any crashes.  Based on the information that you provided, I suspect that the problem may be related to the way in which Project Unification is interacting with the version of the Microsoft Access Database Engine that is installed on your system.

Is the crashing random, or is it occurring only when you do certain things?  If so, what is happening just before the crash?  Can the crash be reproduced if you do the same thing again?

If there is a dialog box that appears at the time of the crash, can you post a screenshot of it?

Also, I know you mentioned before that the crashes seemed to be related to the "code comments".  If you go into the Project Unification settings and disable this feature (doing so disables all of the related comment code from executing), does that help resolve the crashing?

Thanks!

Thanks for the swift response o/

The crashing is very random yeah. Sometimes it happens when clicking the checkboxes next to the cheats to enable/disable them, and other times it happens when switching games or adding codes to the database. It can definitely be reproduced (on my side at least) by just enabling or disabling codes. I even tried the game codes that were already in the database that you provided with the program and got the same result.

(07-26-2017, 08:59 AM)ProjectUnification Wrote: [ -> ]Ryudo,

Also, did you install the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 (probably 64-bit version in your case)?  From this URL: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...x?id=13255

Based on the crash report you provided, it appears that you may have a relatively recent version of Microsoft Office installed on your computer?  (Possibly Office 365)

More recent versions of Microsoft Office include a newer version of the Microsoft Access Database Engine files.  I know this sounds like a good thing, but it's actually not.  Project Unification will try to use this version (giving the impression you don't need to install the 2010 engine), but my code may not be (and probably isn't) entirely compatible with this version.  If you haven't installed the 2010 version of the database engine, then doing so may help resolve the crashes.

Installing the 2010 version of the database engine will *not* downgrade or damage your version of Microsoft Office; it will just assure that all of the files needed from that version are available for Project Unification to make calls to.

To give you an example of why this is, consider DirectX, which is a runtime used in games and apps that need to render 3d scenes, like PCSX2.  DirectX serves as a type of intermediary between the program (game) and the 3d rendering hardware on a system (among other things).  If a game is written using DirectX 9 as the runtime, it depends on the files from that version to run.  Likewise, Project Unification is using the Microsoft Office Database Engine 2010 as an intermediary to read/write to the database file using SQL commands, and also depends on the version that it was written for for full compatibility.

I have 'Office 2016 Professional Plus' installed, but I installed the 2010 engine alongside with it as recommended. (x64) No errors came up during the installation of that, so I assumed it went fine.

I'll give your patched version a try and see how that goes.

Unrelated to the above problem - I noticed some codes were still incorrectly imported. Some example codes:

Code:
// [L1+Select] to set Game Time to 00:00:00
//patch=1,EE,E001FBFE,extended,001B7D5C
//patch=1,EE,201B7D08,extended,00000000

// Shop Sells All Items
//patch=1,EE,E0050016,extended,002FACD4
//patch=1,EE,202FACD4,extended,10000013
//patch=1,EE,202FAC48,extended,24020000
//patch=1,EE,202FA850,extended,201B0014
//patch=1,EE,202FA86C,extended,A0BB0007
//patch=1,EE,202FAC6C,extended,10400001

// Max Bunny Points (Check Prize Exchange NPC to get 9999)
//patch=1,EE,200A0010,extended,00031880
//patch=1,EE,200A0014,extended,00621021
//patch=1,EE,200A0018,extended,2410270F
//patch=1,EE,200A001C,extended,08085E74
//patch=1,EE,200A0020,extended,AC500188
//patch=1,EE,E0020188,extended,002179D8
//patch=1,EE,202179CC,extended,08028004
//patch=1,EE,202179D0,extended,00000000

Upon checking the database, I noticed it only added the first line and completely skipped the rest of the codes.
[Image: 1Oy906v.png]

[Image: uiB9QL9.png]

What's weird is that it only does it for a few codes, I have other 'multi-address' codes that were added just fine. Any ideas? o.o

[Edit] Solved the import problem.

Turns out -all- the codes have to be set to enabled. So no disabled codes (aka //patch=1) lines. It ignores them otherwise.
Ryudo,

Based on the previous and new information that you provided, I think I can definitely narrow down the problem to being related to database read/writes.  (Even selecting a code triggers an event handler that reads the database to check for code comments.)  If you have a screen shot of any message boxes that appear at the time of the crash, that could also be helpful in narrowing down the issue.  Right now, my best guess is that it is related to pooling, which I have disabled in the patched version.  Hopefully, that resolves the crashes and will allow me to be sure that is the issue.....

Also, you are correct on the code import format.  All the codes that are imported must be to set to enabled.  So, the same codes should import fine in this format:

Code:
//[L1+Select] to set Game Time to 00:00:00
patch=1,EE,E001FBFE,extended,001B7D5C
patch=1,EE,201B7D08,extended,00000000

//Shop Sells All Items
patch=1,EE,E0050016,extended,002FACD4
patch=1,EE,202FACD4,extended,10000013
patch=1,EE,202FAC48,extended,24020000
patch=1,EE,202FA850,extended,201B0014
patch=1,EE,202FA86C,extended,A0BB0007
patch=1,EE,202FAC6C,extended,10400001

//Max Bunny Points (Check Prize Exchange NPC to get 9999)
patch=1,EE,200A0010,extended,00031880
patch=1,EE,200A0014,extended,00621021
patch=1,EE,200A0018,extended,2410270F
patch=1,EE,200A001C,extended,08085E74
patch=1,EE,200A0020,extended,AC500188
patch=1,EE,E0020188,extended,002179D8
patch=1,EE,202179CC,extended,08028004
patch=1,EE,202179D0,extended,00000000
An update on the crashing: Since downloading your patched file I have yet to crash so far. Whatever it is you did seems to have fixed it from what I can tell. I'll definitely take a screenshot if it happens again though.

One more question: Is there a way to change the order of the codes? Example; If I add a code later that belongs to the 'general' section that I made at the top of my pnach/database, is there a way for me to move it there? Or do I have to re-import the whole pnach and recreate it in the Access DB?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6