..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Best setting for FF12 International? (Eng Patch)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yeah, it's an older game, but surprisingly enough playing FF15 recently made me want to play this again (since I never got even half-way through before).

I remember years ago, finding settings that were considered optimal for this game, but I've upgraded since then, as has the PCSX2 hardware.

Was wondering, what setting I should set, mostly to avoid glitches. Not worried about performance since I have a beast of a machine now. Just wanna make sure there's no setting that's gonna cause weird issues, or anything I should know.
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
(01-06-2017, 11:41 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

Oh sorry, my bad, I thought that was pretty self-explanatory the way I worded it. =P

GTX 970, 8GB Ram, top of the line AMD processors.  Basically, I'm running a beast of a machine, at least as far as a PS2 emulator is concerned lol.

Latest pscx2 1.4.0 (unless there's a newer one? I'll switched to that)

Just started it up for the first time in a year or 2, so not sure what you mean by "non-default settings", running 6x native resolution without issue.

FF12 International, with the English patch, from ISO. Last time I tried to play this version was well over 4 or 5 years ago.

I'm not having issues with running the game, I just remember there being a setting or two that made weird graphics glitches happens in the past the last time I attempted to play the game. Wanted to know what what the current recommendations were (should I have Log Z, 8bit textures, or Alpha Correction on/off, etc).

I'm getting 60+ fps no problem, just wanted to avoid anything weird later. (I know having Alpha Correction on in one game I used to play (though, I dont remember which game that was) would make the cut scenes go black... that's the stuff I'm trying to avoid) =P

It's just an older game, wasn't sure what the newest consensuses was on it.
not much apart from what you did.
IIRC, OGL renderer may help.

Be aware that some of the english patches may cause problems, though (hangs, crashes,...)
hope you applied yours correctly...
(01-07-2017, 12:23 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]not much apart from what you did.

Be aware that some of the english patches may cause problems, though (hangs, crashes,...)

Thanks! Smile

Oh yeah, I know, it's the .22 english patch rather than the .23 patch, but the only difference is apparently one missing line (couldn't actually find the .23 patch surprisingly enough)... a lots of people are vouching for it's stability. Smile

Worst comes to worst... I'll just switch over to me Dragon Quest 8 rip I made a year ago but lost the save too Sad.

I just really wanted to give FF12 Int. another shot, with the remaster coming out, and it basically seeming like it's just gonna be FF12 Int. anyway... except, maybe "easier"? ....pffft...

I'll check the OGL renderer out just in case. Smile
(01-07-2017, 12:23 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]not much apart from what you did.

Just a follow up, play with the OpenGL rengderer, works greats. but I start tweaking setting to see what what happen.

We OpenGL at 6x Native, was was getting 60FPS even with frame limiter off LOL

(8x native gave me 45FPS and some sound glitches, so on a whim. I turned on DirectX 11, with 8x native, and not frame limiter.

180-200 FPS LOL.

Obviously too fast, but with the frame limit on, I'm get a constant 60-62 FPS on 8x native. with the Direct X 11 Smile

Gonna keep an eye on it for the reallym intensive scenes, but so far so good. Smile