..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Guitar hero help?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm somewhat new to emulation, and I decided to try out Guitar Hero. 

I setup my guitar, and it works in the menus, but once I actually start playing a song no buttons work. Can anyone help me with this?
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
(01-07-2017, 09:14 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

Specs:
Cpu: i7 4790k at 4.0ghz
Gpu: r9 380 4gb
Ram: 8gb ddr3 1600mhz

I believe the version of pcsx2 is 1.3.0.5907

The emulation settings are at their defaults, but as of now I'm just trying to get the controller working. 
I am trying to play the first guitar hero using an ISO.
Quote:I believe the version of pcsx2 is 1.3.0.5907
we dont support antique versions.
please update at least to latest stable
I updated to version 1.4.0.

The guitar is still recognized through device diagnostics; however, in actually testing the device, the buttons do not work at all now. Before I updated, the buttons responded in the device diagnostics. As you can see above, I posted the buttons mapped out, and now I can't seem to replicate that.

Is it typical of some guitars to not work with emulators? I don't understand why it partially worked before, but won't now.
Try the plugin pokopom. it might help. but if not i know the latest version of pcsx2 (latest git) is supposed to have working guitars in the lilypad plugin.

Edit: I have a harmonix guitar as well and mine works in my copy of world tour for ps2, it could always be possible that the wire is breaking on your guitar. (unless you have a wireless adapter) in which case.. No sweet clue..
Yeah I tried pokopom, but that didn't change anything. Then I tried going back to my previous version of pcsx2, and the same problem still exists as with 1.4.0. It can detect the guitar, but for some reason the buttons don't respond anymore. I have no idea why it partially worked before. The guitar is wireless and also for the wii. I could try it on my wii, but that also seems to have problems as while playing rock band with a group we will all be doing fine, but then we will all fail out at the same time. If I remember right the game didn't seem to visually stutter, so it was quite strange. I haven't tried it in while.

At this point I don't really care anymore. I'll just play other games haha

And the guitar is it's own controller. It doesn't need a wii remote. Just thought I should make that clear lol