..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: illegal to download?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello!

In my country we can't download stuff like music and such and i was wonderin,is this illegal to download?

Best Regards

..:*Nylanderz*:..
Not if you already own a PS2 and only rip your own games, then it's legally allowed as they're just backups.
(04-12-2009, 10:08 AM)Cody900 Wrote: [ -> ]Not if you already own a PS2 and only rip your own games, then it's legally allowed as they're just backups.

aye, i already have a ps2 and some games Smile so i can download it then? Smile
yes, you can Smile
The emulator was/is programmed without any use of any copyrighted code or technology, and is legal to download anywhere. It's developed entirely by studying the PS2 hardware and reimplementing it.

The BIOS, on the other hand, cannot be downloaded. It's proprietary Sony software that must be obtained from your own PS2 to be legal. That's why it's not included in the emulator.

Bottom line: As long as you stick with downloads from the official PCSX2 site (http://pcsx2.net) you're good Smile
remember, the download is from your ps2, not from the web.
am i right?
well he's talking about pcsx2 (he's afraid of downloading it Tongue), Nylanderz it is perfectly legal to use this emu (but the illegal part is downloading the ps2 bios and games from the internet (or using anybody elses bios and games), so you must use your own bios and games Smile)
no bios and no ori games, no problem. you still can play homebrew games, or not, duh Laugh
(04-15-2009, 10:35 PM)LuisR14 Wrote: [ -> ](or using anybody elses bios and games)

as long as you have the physical dvd/cd in your posession, it's fine to use ANY game
Dumping your own bios would be the best idea. Use your own disks. Keep it as legal as you can.
Pages: 1 2