..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: I give up I dont get it.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(04-13-2009, 11:43 PM)Saiki Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-13-2009, 10:10 PM)eddnav Wrote: [ -> ]I have FFXII too around here... but it will be practicly the same...

finally a match lol. try that one (after reks, that part is ALWAYS slow, see what happens)

well let me try it, i'll let you know in a while.
okies, I'll be waiting
(04-13-2009, 12:41 PM)abubin Wrote: [ -> ]maybe try vista? I also had some issues with windows xp. But it seems dx10 can run some games better. So, I now using dual boot with vista only for pcsx2 and it's working much better. At least the game ICO works in dx10 but not dx9.

add another to the list of coincidences about vista, maybe gsdx doesnt work like it should in dx9...
It seems that Gabest has focused his efforts on DX10 development. DX10 definitely has speed improvements in general over DX9
(04-13-2009, 01:58 PM)Misfire Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-13-2009, 09:25 AM)Ricochet Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the quick response agentghost, I tried that but it just crashes. I also know that the CPU is also the main issue here. Since u got 3.2Ghz which puts you in a considerable advantage for the PCSX2, games tend to run more smoothly, I even checked youtube videos out and most the decent tests were done with processors 3.0Ghz or above. Just hoping my 2.8Ghz could suffice but unfortunately didn't. I also tried using my EPU-4 Engine settings to High Performance (I guess this is the official Asus overclocking program) but with little or no improvement.

your cpu isn't exactly bad. C2D's can usually overclock 1GHZ over on stock volt and stock heatsink. Yes I"ve done it for over a year =D. Im pretty sure a 200 or 400mhz overclock is not going to hurt at all. Just always make sure to stress test after and check temps.

You actually have a better processor than me but I squeezed every performance i can out of mine. I am sure i can go more, but I found the sweet spot for mine.

My processor is a E6750 @ 3.6GHZ (stock is 2.66) 1.33V

final fantasy X runs perfect, XII is running perfectly. I have not tried X-2 yet.

I can't help but notice your reply and I'm beginning to be quite hopeful. Since you have been OC for over a year do you mind telling me how you did it the way you do? I don't mind testing it out and I'll be very much appreciate it if you can help. Smile

(04-13-2009, 01:58 PM)Misfire Wrote: [ -> ]just for the record, GOW and MGS3 run pretty bad lol.

Is it from your specs or in general????
In general
Alright, thanks. Anyhow, I've heard good responses from those with Vista or 64-bit OS playability rather than from XP. I might consider going to Vista but seeing that Windows 7 is approaching I'm hoping that the emulator would be compatible (as I heard, windows 7 has the same compatibility as Vista so no need for new drivers).
yes, wait for 7, Vista is a disaster
(04-14-2009, 02:05 AM)Saiki Wrote: [ -> ]yes, wait for 7, Vista is a disaster

Lies! But yeah, you may as well wait for 7. It will have DX11 support, and is more optimized than Vista.
yea lies Tongue, but Vista will support DX11 on SP2 Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7