..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: I give up I dont get it.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Well, that's handy! I won't have to upgrade for a while, then. That's good, cuz I'm poor
(04-14-2009, 01:37 AM)Ricochet Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-13-2009, 01:58 PM)Misfire Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-13-2009, 09:25 AM)Ricochet Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the quick response agentghost, I tried that but it just crashes. I also know that the CPU is also the main issue here. Since u got 3.2Ghz which puts you in a considerable advantage for the PCSX2, games tend to run more smoothly, I even checked youtube videos out and most the decent tests were done with processors 3.0Ghz or above. Just hoping my 2.8Ghz could suffice but unfortunately didn't. I also tried using my EPU-4 Engine settings to High Performance (I guess this is the official Asus overclocking program) but with little or no improvement.

your cpu isn't exactly bad. C2D's can usually overclock 1GHZ over on stock volt and stock heatsink. Yes I"ve done it for over a year =D. Im pretty sure a 200 or 400mhz overclock is not going to hurt at all. Just always make sure to stress test after and check temps.

You actually have a better processor than me but I squeezed every performance i can out of mine. I am sure i can go more, but I found the sweet spot for mine.

My processor is a E6750 @ 3.6GHZ (stock is 2.66) 1.33V

final fantasy X runs perfect, XII is running perfectly. I have not tried X-2 yet.

I can't help but notice your reply and I'm beginning to be quite hopeful. Since you have been OC for over a year do you mind telling me how you did it the way you do? I don't mind testing it out and I'll be very much appreciate it if you can help. Smile

(04-13-2009, 01:58 PM)Misfire Wrote: [ -> ]just for the record, GOW and MGS3 run pretty bad lol.

Is it from your specs or in general????

yes I can help you overclock your core2duo, at least point you in the right direction and make sure you don't do anything stupid =D.

For GOW and MGS3, they in general run bad. I have heard MGS3 is playable at 4.0GHZ. Considering your processor model is higher than mine, I believe you can push higher clocks than I can.

GOW (God OF War) is playable for me with VU Skip on, with no noticable artifacts or glitches and its damn fun!

MGS3 on the other hand gives me graphics glitches Sad. I'm hoping for the day the emulator improves to the point MGS3 will run faster =D
(04-14-2009, 02:27 AM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, that's handy! I won't have to upgrade for a while, then. That's good, cuz I'm poor
well you will still have to upgrade Tongue (software side (to SP2), and hardware side (to dx11 supporting GPU Tongue))

and yeah i'm poor too Sad
(04-13-2009, 11:41 PM)LuisR14 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-13-2009, 04:04 PM)unauthorizedlogin Wrote: [ -> ](sometimes issues getting out of fullscreen)
what kind of issues? Tongue

exiting fullscreen using ESC does not work, I have to use "windows key" in order to get to desktop then manually shut down pcsx2. I havent tried that esc hack which I imagine would help, unless that does something other than what I am thinking. It's just not that big of an issue to me yet hehe
just take that esc hack out, it works fine without
well if you're using the latest pcsx2 (either it be 0.9.6 or beta), then make sure you have "Misc->Close GS Window on ESC" hack set Smile
(04-14-2009, 03:45 AM)LuisR14 Wrote: [ -> ]well if you're using the latest pcsx2 (either it be 0.9.6 or beta), then make sure you have "Misc->Close GS Window on ESC" hack set Smile

sweet i never looked at that dropdown, but strange, it is checked?

Do I need to turn on the Miscellaneous Escape Hack in Speed Hacks menu?
no, leave that off
yea leave that one off (it closes pcsx2 instead of going back to GUI), maybe you have the "hide on fullscreen escape" hack set in lilypad Smile
(04-14-2009, 02:05 AM)Saiki Wrote: [ -> ]yes, wait for 7, Vista is a disaster

Nahhh... Vista pre-SP1 = bad
Vista SP1 = hella good
Windows 7 = super duper good
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7