..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 very low fps/gamepad input lag help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've tried running MGS3, which I know is very intensive, and the FPS actually isn't bad when I'm running it. There's just about a half of a second of gamepad input lag which makes it unplayable. I've tried running Shadow of the Colossus as well and that game runs at very low FPS for some reason. Any help would be appreciated! Here are my specs, all PCSX2 settings are defaulted for the sake of troubleshooting as well: 

Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
CPU: Intel i5-3570k 3.40GHz
RAM: 8gb

PCSX2 Plugin Settings:

GSDx Settings:
      Renderer: Direct 3D11 (Hardware)
      Internal Resolution: Native
      No Boxes Checked

SPU2-X Settings:
      Interpolation: 1 - Linear
      Module: 1 - XAudio 2
      Synchronizing Mode: Timestretch
      No Boxes Checked

I'm also running PCSX2 version 1.4.0, and playing games as ISO files.
(03-04-2017, 07:32 PM)HousesHouseHouse Wrote: [ -> ]I've tried running MGS3, which I know is very intensive, and the FPS actually isn't bad when I'm running it. There's just about a half of a second of gamepad input lag which makes it unplayable. I've tried running Shadow of the Colossus as well and that game runs at very low FPS for some reason. Any help would be appreciated! Here are my specs, all PCSX2 settings are defaulted for the sake of troubleshooting as well: 

Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
CPU: Intel i5-3570k 3.40GHz
RAM: 8gb

PCSX2 Plugin Settings:

GSDx Settings:
      Renderer: Direct 3D11 (Hardware)
      Internal Resolution: Native
      No Boxes Checked

SPU2-X Settings:
      Interpolation: 1 - Linear
      Module: 1 - XAudio 2
      Synchronizing Mode: Timestretch
      No Boxes Checked

I'm also running PCSX2 version 1.4.0, and playing games as ISO files.

Did you tried any speedhacks? Are you using MTVU? If not, try activating mtvu on GS settings and test all the presets to see if you get any improvement. 

If your hardware is capable enough, you can try overclocking the ps2 virtual cpu in the GS settings for Shadow of Colossus. But I think you don't have the horsepower to do this with these 2 games.
Shadow of Colossus requires Cycle Stealing to be set to 1 otherwise it runs slow even on the best hardware.
I don't know about MGS3 but are you using any non default settings and since you have nvidia card,try OpenGL.

Did you tried any light game or the bios to see if the input lag is still there?
his specs are almost identical to mine. I have 16gbs of ram instead of 8gb but same CPU+GPU combo tho. Use OpenGL and Enable MTVU as well. Don't play the 2 listed games so I have no idea what sort of speeds I would be getting but i get great speeds on the Snowblind engine games and they are some of the heaviest games on the emulator.
That 3570k is gonna be giving my 3770 a good run for the money. His 970 is going to make my 750 look under powered.

SoC - I haven't played through, I borrowed a disk to do some testing a while back though. My stp is just a hair over 2100 vs what passmark claims for his, at 2028...

Soc required speed hacks for me. I want to say I had to do mtvu and 2 ee cycle stealing to get mostly 50 fps -60 fps on my system with resolution turned down to 3x...
I didn't even play to any of the colossus though, so I could see HUGE drops there and be blissfully ignorant of that because I didn't bother doing a play through. I was running 12gb when I tested it..

EDIT - SOC - "Runs with 2048 STP in passmark, 1601 in cpuz at 100% with mtvu and vu cycle steeling set +1 " -my exact testing results for SoC.. your 2028 cpu if its not overclocked... should have very similar results. All other options were default, want to say I had rez set to 3x.. HW OGL, defaults. Now, passmark's website says you're at +/- 2028 (no oc listed for your specs..) though you may be above or below that slightly.. I know my cpu has turned in 2048 and passmark's site says it should be turning in 2068...
I know I get 2300 STP with my OC