..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: SSX/SSX Tricky missing lighting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If he got it working, i suggest you send him a message and ask Smile If you find out, please post here as it may help somebody else in the future
Oops i see now, hes playing tricky, can try myself and see if trickys mesablanca is better. Otherwise i can try asking the uploaders settings if he does remember that, video is from 2007 Tongue
Okej, so i tried and compared Tricky with his video and on my PCSX2. His lights are definitely 'there' and not yellow/fainted. With in mind that SSX and Tricky use the same engine it could be the same problem.
Going to fire away a message to him and see if he reacts and if, if he remembers anything, can try atleast. Will report back might he come with some information.

Edit: Someone asked already for what settings he used, 9 years ago no answer, there doesnt seem to be a way to send personal messages on youtube? Anyways asked again, maybe he sees...
Just a funny thing i see, his is the only video ive ever come across with the right light sources on PCSX2/SSX and its uploaded on my birthday Laugh Laugh

Edit 2: Found the message function, send some questions to him.
Just wanted to share my fix on this, found the problem. With the following settings, correct lighting is there, but performance is about 3 to 4 times slower then Software mode (which also does the correct thing). Had to use OpenGL>Accurate Date>Blending Unit Accuracy>Full (very Slow). Anything lower wont display the right image. Below a screenshot of my settings, might there be anyone with a powerfull CPU and wondering how to fix, theres the hardware solution Smile

http://imgur.com/a/85A8N

Just wondering, do all PS2 games miss effects/lighting? Havent noticed yet with other games but SSX/Tricky). I cant imagine any CPU being able to handle this, my 920 @ stock its about 2 to 4 FPS.
How does an i5 3550 (3.3ghz to 3-70ghz turbo) hold up in pcsx2?
You should post your settings for both games in the appropriate compatibility forum here (If your region code isn't listed, you can request for a new thread) http://forums.pcsx2.net/search.php?action=results&sid=3b5f2ae84d8b3435d4829f791e439f06&sortby=subject&order=desc

It will be a big help in the future for other users Smile
Quote:Had to use OpenGL>Accurate Date>Blending Unit Accuracy>Full (very Slow). Anything lower wont display the right image. Below a screenshot of my settings, might there be anyone with a powerfull CPU and wondering how to fix, theres the hardware solution
Full mode will be slow even on a 10GHz top notch CPU. However it is quite helpful to detect bad blending due to GPU limitation. Future GPU will allow to reduce CPU requirements (but it would require extra dev).
Alright added my experiences, hope it helps people in the future Smile
(03-29-2017, 11:40 PM)gregory Wrote: [ -> ]Full mode will be slow even on a 10GHz top notch CPU. However it is quite helpful to detect bad blending due to GPU limitation. Future GPU will allow to reduce CPU requirements (but it would require extra dev).

Full mode just fixes about everything, its the same as software mode (have done testing side-by-side). No more lights that shine through mountains/buildings either, the game just comes 'alive'.
Havent tested much but a qiuck test and seemed to fix most games, they were like software (or just like PS2).
This Full mode seems to emulate quit accurate, but software does that too, but much faster. I was almost getting full speed in software mode playing SSX, dailing speedhacks EE and VU both to 2.

For accurate (seems 100% ps2 like) best way to go seems Software mode (openGL for me). Yes HW mode gives better speed and bump up graphics but i like accurate more.
Pages: 1 2