..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Jak II Speeding Up Randomly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm new to PCSX2, just downloaded it last week, and have been having a lot of trouble getting Jak II to run properly. I managed to get Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy working perfectly in high resolution, but when going to Jak II I now have the problem where the game will randomly speed up as if it was in Turbo mode. (Before you ask, no I am not hitting the Turbo switch nor have I disabled frame limiting) I tried seeing exactly what was happening when my game sped up, but the information at the top of the window did not indicate much. It only showed that sometimes my frames would go from around 56-64, while generally being at 60. I have included screenshots of my settings. Thanks for any help you can provide!

My Rig:
ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080
Intel i7 7700k
MSI Gaming M5 Motherboard
16 Gb ASUS DDR4 Ram
Are you running your game off of a physical disk or .ISO? Running it off the disk can cause speed fluctuations, ect.
(03-22-2017, 07:41 AM)CK1 Wrote: [ -> ]Are you running your game off of a physical disk or .ISO? Running it off the disk can cause speed fluctuations, ect.

.ISO :/
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Internal-...s-in-Jak-2

I don't know what changed, but revisions before the one I linked do not have this issue. Problem is, those builds are somewhat old and might introduce other problems.
(03-22-2017, 11:51 AM)J_P Wrote: [ -> ]http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Internal-...s-in-Jak-2

I don't know what changed, but revisions before the one I linked do not have this issue. Problem is, those builds are somewhat old and might introduce other problems.

Did you try 1.4.0 stable to see if it has the issue as well?

The issue with Jak 2 was already discussed in the commit itself. Unfortunately the issue is just an unintended side effect of the improved counter accuracy, but it also alleviates other issues and increases compatibility with other problematic games.