..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: ISO, better performance?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Does running an ISO from your computer have better performance than running it from the disc? thats the impression I have been given atleast, if so is there a program you could reccomend? possibly how to, but if I just have the program I should be able to figure it out myselfWink
yes, using an ISO gives a speed boost.
aight, thanks for your answear, but what program should I use to make an ISO out of the cd?
I use imgburn, but there's tons of them out there
I use Deamon Tools
ok, thanks everyone for your answearsSmile
Just out of interest, I wonder if it would be faster to extract the iso to raw files in a folder and get a plugin to run it from there?
(04-13-2009, 04:24 PM)asvati Wrote: [ -> ]Does running an ISO from your computer have better performance than running it from the disc? thats the impression I have been given atleast, if so is there a program you could reccomend? possibly how to, but if I just have the program I should be able to figure it out myself;)

I use CDRWin,i have a little tip for you when you have Burned ISO then Use Linuz CDVD Plugin and Compress them to Gain Space.

Some Links For You:
CD-RWin
IMG Burn
DVD Decrypter
(04-13-2009, 07:08 PM)The Warrior Wrote: [ -> ]...
I use CDRWin,i have a little tip for you when you have Burned ISO then Use Linuz CDVD Plugin and Compress them to Gain Space.

Do you notice any performance loss from reading a compressed iso?
Pages: 1 2 3 4