..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: [Bug Report] The Incredibles [NTSC-U]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
PCSX2 version: 1.5.0-dev-1994
EE/IOP/VU: Default / Preset 2 - Safe
Plugins Used: GSdx 1.1.0[GSdx32-AVX2] - OpenGL Hardware - internal resolution 3x Native, Hacks: Unscale Point and Line, Half Pixel Offset Texture+aggressive/ OpenGL Software
Description: Improper glowing effect on light various objects when upscaling above Native resolution. Tried all hacks enabled with no perceivable changes.

Steps to reproduce
At the beginning of the game instead of stepping in the tutorial circle on the ground, go to the video plugin options and raise the internal resolution to anything above native.

The area pictured in the screenshots is from the second level. I chose it because its where the bug was extremely obvious. It happens on the first level too.

[attachment=62512][attachment=62513][attachment=62514][attachment=62515]
Link to support thread to show steps taken to try to resolve the issue http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-The-Incre...-upscaling

(this is for informational purpose only)
Looks like the same thing that I get in Evolution Snowboarding. Both games seem to be using HDR. IIRC, I had to use a combination of Wild Arms and something else but it's barely effective.
Originally PS2 games weren't meant to be upscaled so when users upscale them it can cause issues with many games, to alleviate the issues we have plenty of upscaling hacks to get around them. If you still experience upscaling issues then you will have to be patient and wait for future improvements.

This is a general issue and it will be closed as invalid.

Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Invalid since it either was not reproducible, not a valid bug or otherwise unacceptable for fixing.

This thread will now be closed and moved in the Invalid/rejected/duplicate bug reports subforum.