..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: How do I install ZZogl on Ubuntu 16?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I am running Ubuntu 16.04 on a laptop which has Intel HD graphics (Ironlake?).

glxinfo tells me that I have OpenGL ES 2.0 Mesa 12.0.6

I installed PCSX2 from the PPA

In the Component Selectors, the only GS option I have is GSdx (GCC 5.3.1, SSE2) 1.0.0

When I start I get the following message:

GS plugin failed to open. Your computer may have insufficient resources or incompatible hardware/drivers

In the various threads I have read, it seems that it might be worth trying a different GS, perhaps ZZogl, but for the life of me I can't figure out where to get it, either as binary or to compile.

Can anyone point me to it so I can try?

Also if anyone has any suggestions on how I might be able to get this to work (or knows that I might as well just give up with the Intel HD graphics), please enlighten me!

Thanks!
If you get a new version of the emulator you should have OpenGL as an option, zzogl is super old now
(04-14-2017, 01:27 AM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]If you get a new version of the emulator you should have OpenGL as an option, zzogl is super old now

I have PCSX2 1.4.0 (just downloaded from the PPA the other day) - is there a later version?
That one should be okay I think :/ GSDX should have an option, I don't know if you need a special driver, I know gregory loves the Mesa driver
(04-14-2017, 02:05 AM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]That one should be okay I think :/ GSDX should have an option, I don't know if you need a special driver, I know gregory loves the Mesa driver

GSDX has options for OpenGL hardware or Software, I just can't get any of them to work, which is why I was wondering if/how I could try a different option in GS.

Thanks for the thought!
(04-14-2017, 02:05 AM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]That one should be okay I think :/ GSDX should have an option, I don't know if you need a special driver, I know gregory loves the Mesa driver

Yes I love Mesa. I'm a wizard but I can't do miracle Wink

@ubuntu16user

make your self a favor upgrade your computer Smile

Anyway just to be sure, could you
1/ upgrade your mesa version
2/ check the version of OpenGL not OpenGL-ES
3/ You can also enable PCSX2 console. OpenGL error will be printed.

Fwiw, there is a daily PPA but OpenGL requirements are bigger so don't bother to try it.
Actually what is your CPU ? (you can post "cat /proc/cpuinfo" if you don't know)
(04-14-2017, 12:02 PM)gregory Wrote: [ -> ]Actually what is your CPU ? (you can post "cat /proc/cpuinfo" if you don't know)

It's a 4 core i5 M560 (2.67Ghz)

Quote:1/ upgrade your mesa version
2/ check the version of OpenGL not OpenGL-ES
3/ You can also enable PCSX2 console. OpenGL error will be printed.

1 - I will look into how to do this
2 - 2.0
3 - Console says that the problem is that my drivers don't support openGL 3.3

I wish I could upgrade my computer! (it's a laptop - Dell Latitude E6510)

I don't know if there are any drivers available that would support openGL 3.3. I downloaded and ran the intel graphics update tool, this seems to be the latest version of the drivers that are available to me, but I will keep looking to see if I can find something that will get me up to 3.3.

Thanks!
Don't bother to upgrade Mesa. I confirm you that you have the old HD iGPU.

It is the 5th generation on Intel GPU.
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/t...tensions.c

As you can see it misses a lots of stuff.

Quote:I wish I could upgrade my computer! (it's a laptop - Dell Latitude E6510)
Well I'm afraid that you need to save money to buy a recent computer. I will try to compile you a version of zzogl but honestly it won't be a good experience, if it is even work.
(04-14-2017, 02:49 PM)gregory Wrote: [ -> ]Well I'm afraid that you need to save money to buy a recent computer. I will try to compile you a version of zzogl but honestly it won't be a good experience, if it is even work.

I appreciate the offer, but don't worry, if it's not to be, it's not to be.

Thanks for responding!
Pages: 1 2 3