..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: NCAA Football '11 - Grainy Field
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The field in this game is very grainy and I'm not sure how I can fix it. I've tried many different ways but no luck. My graphics card is a GTX 760 and the CPU I'm using is an Intel i5 7600k. I'm using the default settings with VUs Clamping mode on Extra + Preserve Sign. It somewhat smooths it out with software mode, however software mode makes the graphics very, very bad. Does anyone know a way to fix this?  Here's a screenshot of the field:
[Image: jiOVDM8.jpg]
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
Try setting renderer to "OpenGL (Hardware)" and Blending Unit Accuracy to "Full", or even "Ultra" if Full doesn't work.
(04-19-2017, 11:27 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

Version: 1.4.0

Everything is on default. I've played around with the settings and no matter what I try, I still get the same issue.

Game: NCAA Football '11

I'm playing it from an ISO

(04-19-2017, 12:28 PM)FlatOut Wrote: [ -> ]Try setting renderer to "OpenGL (Hardware)" and Blending Unit Accuracy to "Full", or even "Ultra" if Full doesn't work.

No luck, buddy; still the same issue.
you please give latest git a try ?
(04-19-2017, 05:04 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]you please give latest git a try ?

Thanks for the quick response. I just downloaded the latest build but unfortunately I have the same issue.
I think I can see part of the issue from the screenshot above.
  • Try changing your interlacing mode to see if it improves the ghosting. Bob tff usually works best.
  • Make sure mipmapping is enabled as this will smooth textures in the distance.
  • Try disabling "Allow 8-bit textures" if it's enabled and then increase your Anisotropic Filtering.
I'd try raising the Internal Resolution to 3x or 4x. Also try using the Bob tff interlacing

Sorry, CK1 chimed in just as I posted this...so yes, we're both in agreement Laugh
The mipmapping someone fixes it but its really blurry and doesn't fully load until im at a close distance