..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Time Crisis 2 frame rate drops
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm currently trying to get Time Crisis 2 to run smoothly in PCSX2 1.4.0 but can't seem to keep the FPS solid.  In the beginning it runs fine around 59-60 fps, but then when you get to the outside sections, the FPS drops to around 39-40 FPS.  I've tried using different video settings, using different speed settings, different versions of PCSX2, nothing seems to work.  Has anybody been able to fix this issue somehow?  My PC specs are as follows:
Code:
    Operating System
            Windows 10 Home 64-bit
        CPU
            AMD Athlon X4 860K 4.00ghz
            Kaveri 28nm Technology
        RAM
            16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz (9-9-9-24)
        Motherboard
            ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. CROSSBLADE RANGER (FM2+ )    
        Graphics
            HDMI (1920x1080@59Hz)
            2048MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (Gigabyte)
your CPU may be a bit low.
tried enabling default speedhacks + ee cycle rate to -1 ?
(05-10-2017, 07:10 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]your CPU may be a bit low.
tried enabling default speedhacks + ee cycle rate to -1 ?

No change, and that just causes cutscenes to slow down as well.
what do the ee% & gs% say when you get slowdowns ?
(05-10-2017, 07:18 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]what do the ee% & gs% say when you get slowdowns ?

They're both at around 80-90 percent.
I see.
your CPU is definitely struggling.
Maybe your gpu, but i don't think so, unless you pushed IR and AA very high.
tried every renderer ? (especially OGL)
(05-10-2017, 07:34 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]I see.
your CPU is definitely struggling.
Maybe your gpu, but i don't think so, unless you pushed IR and AA very high.
tried every renderer ? (especially OGL)

I'm on OpenGL right now.  I can't use Direct3D because I get a white fog where I can't see anything, and the slowdown still occurs.

I don't quite understand though how my CPU can be struggling if it can run everything else just fine.
Because some games are more demanding than others. As simple as this.
Try latest git build
(05-10-2017, 07:42 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]Because some games are more demanding than others. As simple as this.
Try latest git build

Already did, same issue.
Have you tried playing throughout the stages to see if it was only specific area of the game? Try using the Latest git build with OpenGL and disable speedhacks. For me whenever i use speedhacks with TC2, the game drops frames a little bit when going to the outside area. No idea why, it just does. It is smoother with speedhacks off. Also what is the native resolution you set it to??
Pages: 1 2